The National Health and Medical Research Council Centre of Research Excellence in Nursing Interventions for Hospitalised Patients was established 1 November, 2010. There are two main foci of the NCREN
- Compromised Skin Integrity, including pressure ulcers, intravascular devices and surgical wounds; and
- Symptom Management including pain, anxiety and delirium.
The main functions of the NCREN are to undertake systematic reviews, randomized controlled trials and knowledge transfer research in addition to providing research training. One PhD scholarship will be awarded in one of the foci areas, with recipients undertaking systematic reviews and pilot randomised controlled trials as part of their degree.
Scholarship value and duration
The scholarship is worth $AU 32,000 per annum for three years, and will be paid as a fortnightly stipend.
These scholarships are available to Australian citizens and permanent residents, and New Zealand citizens who are enrolled in a PhD program in nursing, at Griffith University.
How to apply
New applicants who are not currently enrolled in a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program should complete the appliaction steps for admission to a higher degree by research.
In addition to the application information required by the Griffith Graduate Research School, applicants should also provide a statement detailing their preference and rationale for a particular focus.
Students who have already been offered higher degree research candidature should complete the scholarship application form for continuing students.
- Scholarship application form for continuing students (PDF 100k)
- include a cover letter;
- provide their curriculum vitae; and
- include a statement detailing their preference and rationale for a particular focus.
For application enquiries, and to submit a scholarship application as a continuing student, please contact
Griffith Graduate Research School
Nathan campus, Griffith University
Phone: +61 7 373 53817
Level 2, Macrossan building (N16)
170 Kessels Road
Nathan Queensland 4111
Applications close Sunday 29 May, 2011.
For more information, please contact
Compromised Skin Integrity
Professor Claire Rickard (email@example.com)
Professor Leanne Aitken (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Associate Professor Marie Cooke (email@example.com)
- PhD Scholarship in Forestry and Environmental Science, Griffith University, Australia
- The Clem Jones Undergraduate Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia
- Business H3 Global Research Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia
- Bachelor of Nursing Scholarship, University of Glasgow, UK
- BSc Professional Nursing Studies Scholarships, Swansea University, UK
- Aged Care Nursing Postgraduate Scholarships, Royal College of Nursing, Australia
- The McKesson Foundation Healthcare Scholarships, USA
- Dr John Woolcott Undergraduate Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Queensland, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
How about graduated of midwifery couldn’t apply?thanks
how is the application done?