Facebook Fellowship Program
Every day Facebook confronts the most complex technical problems and we believe that close relationships with the academy will enable us to address many of these problems at a fundamental level and solve them. As part of our ongoing commitment to academic relations, we are pleased to announce the creation of the Facebook Fellowship program to support graduate students in the 2010-2011 school year.
We are interested in a wide range of academic topics, including the following topical areas:
- Computational Advertising
- Computer Vision
- Compiler Technology
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Networking
- Computer Security
- Data Mining
- Distributed Computing
- Fault Tolerance
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Internet Economics
- Machine Learning
- Machine Translation
- Natural Language Processing
- Smart Datacenters
- Social Computing
- Full-time Ph.D. students in topical areas represented by these fellowships who are currently involved in on-going research.
- Students must be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, System Architecture, or a related area.
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year that the Fellowship is awarded.
- Students must be nominated by a faculty member.
- Eligibility of applicant.
- Quality of application.
- Applicability of the project or study to Facebook.
- Other criteria as decided by Facebook in its sole discretion. Facebook complies with all equal opportunity laws.
The application must include:
- 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus and applicability to Facebook. Please reference the topical areas above.
- Student’s CV (with email, phone and mailing address). Please include applicable coursework.
- Minimum of 2 letters of recommendation (one must be from the faculty sponsor).
- The name and website/short bio of the faculty sponsor.
- December 20, 2010: Launch of Fellowship for 2011-2012 academic year
- February 28, 2011: Applications for fellowships must be submitted in full
- April 8, 2011: Award recipients will be notified by email of their acceptance
- Azerbaijan Diplomatic Academy Fellowship for International Students
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biochemistry and Molecular / Cellular Biology, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Program, USA
- Drugs, Security and Democracy Fellowship in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Endeavour Executive Fellowship, Australia
- Women’s Research & Education Institue (WREI) Congressional Fellows on Women and Public Policy, USA
- SMA3 Graduate Fellowship by Singapore Ministry of Education
- Amelia Earhart PhD Fellowship for Women in Aerospace Science, Zonta International, USA
- Abdullah Al-Mubarak Research Fellowship in Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies, Pembroke College, UK
- Beasiswa / Program Pertukaran Pemuda Antar Negara - Provinsi Jawa Tengah