The award will be for £2000 in each of the three study years of the degree (years 1, 2, & 4: total value £6,000 over the course of the programme). The award will be deducted from programme fees.
This is a competitive scholarship based on academic merit and financial need.
Making an application:
Applicants must provide a written response of not more than 500 words to the question: “If you were to improve one aspect of health care provision in your home country, what would it be and why?”
Your work should draw on appropriate literature sources to support your thinking.
In your account you should also include why you have applied to the University of Southampton and how the programme will benefit you in your future career.
Applications for the scholarship must include the following information:
- Name of applicant.
- Details of English Language Score (must have IELTs or equivalent of 7.0 with no less than 6.5 in any component).
- Name of course for which applicant has applied.
- Application number
NB Applicants must hold an offer for academic study at the University of Southampton commencing in October 2014 to be eligible.
Applicants can submit the statement at the same time as applying for a programme to study or once offered a place but the statement must be received before 1 March 2014.
Who is eligible:
- Applicants must be new, full-time, non-EU applicants.
- Applicants must show strong academic ability.
- Applicants should not be eligible for other financial support from the University of Southampton e.g. tuition fee reductions through scholarships, bursaries, etc.
Process for awarding scholarship
- Each application will be viewed and rated by members of an academic committee of the faculty.
- Scholarships will only be available to new applicants.
- Those successfully awarded will receive confirmation in April 2014.
If successfully awarded an international scholarship, an applicant must accept the offer of a place on the programme and the scholarship within three weeks.
NB: Eligibility will be determined through the following criteria:
- Has the applicant identified an appropriate focus and clearly articulated their reasoning showing evidence of researching their topic?
- Can the applicant articulate their reasons for applying and demonstrate the capacity to write and persuade?
- Will the applicant make the most of the scholarship on offer to them at Southampton?
- Does the applicant hold an offer for academic study at the University of Southampton commencing in October 2014 subject to fulfilling academic qualification requirements?
For more information on how to apply please email email@example.com
- International MSc and MBA Scholarships, University of Southampton, UK
- Health Sciences & Medicine Honours Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Curtin Health Science - English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
- Faculty of Medical Sciences MRes and MSc International Scholarships, Newcastle University, UK
- International Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Southampton, UK
- Fashion Marketing Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Southampton, UK
- PhD Studentship in the Computational Investigation of Drug Resistant Mutations in the Kinases, University of Southampton, UK
- International Scholarships, University of Southampton, UK
- Bachelor, Master, Doctoral and Postdoctoral Scholarships for Indonesian Students by Russian Federation Government
- Dr John Woolcott Undergraduate Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.