The Asian Civilisations Museum (ACM) in Singapore invites scholars specialising in Buddhist art or Indian Trade Textiles to apply for a 12-month research fellowship. The applications will be screened by a committee of eminent scholars and will be administered by the Research and Publication Unit (RPU) of ACM.
The research fellowships were first offered in 2009. They are planned to generate in-depth study, documentation and thought leading publications on specialised aspects of Asian cultures. This is in line with the aim of the ACM to be a centre of research in Asian cultures and arts. Since its opening at the Empress Place in 2003, the ACM has established a reputation in the international museum arena for its excellent gallery displays and exhibitions. The ACM is undertaking to develop its research potential in the field of Asian archaeology, art history and material culture, so as to become the regional hub synonymous with excellent research projects and publications in the field.
Applications close 15 February 2010.
Please visit the website http://www.acm.org.sg/research/research_fellowship.asp more details on the research fellowship.
For enquires, please contact us at nhb_acm_rpu[at]nhb.gov.sg.
Asian Civilisations Museum
1 Empress Place
Singapore 179 555
- Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre Fellowship, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS), Singapore
- Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
- The Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) for Research and Technology Graduate Fellowships 2010, Singapore
- SMA3 Graduate Fellowship by Singapore Ministry of Education
- Asia Journalism Fellowship, Singapore
- Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
- Lemkin Scholarship for Foreign Students, Armenian Genocide Museum Institute, Armenia
- ASEAN Graduate Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship, National University of Singapore
- Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship at SMART
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.