Florentino García Martínez Research Master Scholarship, established by Jan Overmeer
The Qumran Institute of the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies (University of Groningen) is delighted to present the Florentino García Martínez Research Master Scholarship for excellent students. The scholarship is specifically for students in the fields of Hebrew Bible, early Judaism and Dead Sea Scrolls.
The scholarship is € 1,000 and is meant to cover some of the expenses connected with the two-year Research Master programme at the Faculty’s Graduate School.
Awards are made on academic merit, evaluated by an academic committee. Outstanding students who wish to apply must submit:
- a letter of motivation for enrolling in the Research Master specifically for the fields of Hebrew Bible, early Judaism or Dead Sea Scrolls
- the list of marks for their BA
- a writing sample (essay, thesis) from their BA
- two letters of recommendation
- a plan for how to spend the scholarship (e.g. tuition assistance, books, conference visit, etc.)
The Qumran Institute welcomes applications for the Florentino García Martínez Research Master Scholarship.
The deadline for submission for non-EU/EEA students is 1 March 2014 and the deadline for EU/EEA students is 15 May 2014.
Applications for the scholarship should be submitted to the secretary of the Qumran Institute, Ms. Willeke van de Pol: firstname.lastname@example.org. Further enquiries should be addressed to the Director of the Qumran Institute, Prof. Dr. Mladen Popovic: email@example.com.
- Master Scholarships in Education and Teacher Training, Netherlands
- University of Groningen Talent Grant: Eric Bleumink Fund, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships in Mass Communication and Information Science, Netherlands
- University of Groningen Talent Grant: Psychology (MSc), Netherlands
- Master Scholarships in Transport and Communications, Netherlands
- University of Groningen Talent Grant: Faculty of Arts (MA), Netherlands
- Complete List of Dutch Institutions Offering PhD Studies
- Master Scholarships in Architecture and Town Planning, Netherlands
- PhD Position, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships in Medical and Health Science, Netherlands
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.