References: Up to two references may be submitted as part of an application. One may be from an academic referee, and one may be from a professional referee (ie. FMI member, CA/CGA/CMA, public servant, etc).
Essay: Applicants must submit a 500 word essay on a topic chosen by the FMI Ontario Scholarship Committee each year. The topic will be selected by December 31st each year, and will be communicated along with the application information.
2011 Essay Topic:
Explain why values and ethics are critical while demonstrating how values and ethics enhance accountability and transparency within the public service.
Resume: Applicants will submit a current resume detailing their academic and professional history (including any extracurricular and/or volunteer activities)
Courses/Marks: Applicants will submit a copy of their current transcript, dated between March 1 and April 30, indicating the courses taken and marks received.
All applications must be received by March 31 of each year. Scholarship winners will be notified before May 31st of each year. Awards will be presented at the final FMI Ontario Chapter PD day, coinciding with the annual general meeting (May 18, 2011).
Number of Awards: up to 5 per year, with each individual award valued at $2500.
- GPA/Average (across all years and courses, not just the past year or just accounting courses)
- Quality of Reference Letters
- Quality of Essay
- Professional Experience (co-ops, internships, etc)
- Involvement in extracurricular activities, volunteer activities, etc.
To apply, mail your completed package to:
Attention: Margaret Chapman, President, Ontario Chapter FMI
10 Dundas Street Street E
PO Box 47070
Note: applications must be received prior to March 31st, 2011. Any applications received after this date will not be considered, regardless of the postmark date.
- Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT), Canada
- Postdoctoral Position, Junior Fellowship Ontario Centre for Engineering and Public Policy (OCEPP), Canada
- Undergraduate Scholarships, Ryerson University, Canada
- Triangle Achievement Award, USA
- rare Scholarship in Graduate Research, Canada
- American College of Surgeons Traveling Fellowship to Germany
- Advanced Practice Nurse Conference Scholarship, Oncology Nursing Society / ONS Foundation
- Canadian Engineering Memorial Foundation (CEMF) Undergraduate Engineering Scholarships for Women, Canada
- Master of Management in Hospitality Scholarship, Cornell-Nanyang Institute of Hospitality Management, Singapore
- Master Scholarships in Environmental Sciences, Policy and Management, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.