Each year, a group of 20-24 emerging leaders from different regions of the world are selected to become Ford Fellows of 92nd Street Y. The program includes a three-week residency in New York City (May 30-June 20, 2012) and ongoing communication before and after the residency via telephone and email. Fellows are expected to complete assignments prior to their residency to maximize the value of their fellowship experience and after their residency to evaluate its impact and success.
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older, though younger applicants should note that we are looking for candidates with several years of leadership experience, and most fellows are already mid-career accomplished professionals. We seek candidates from a variety of backgrounds with the aim of creating a diverse group of Fellows who will work well together and offer a wide array of views and experiences. Candidates should be emerging leaders addressing issues whose resolution can have a significant positive impact on their communities, on their countries and—collectively—on the world. Successful participants have a hunger for professional improvement and share a passion to learn from all experiences offered during the fellowship.
Fees and Services Covered
Airfare, accommodation, food, transportation, instruction, and other program-related expenses are included in the fellowship. Each participant receives a stipend upon arrival.
The application deadline is Jun 30, 2011.
For more information about Ford Fellowship applications, call 212.415.5473, fax 212.415.5798, email or send mail to:
For more information, please visit official website: www.92y.org.
- Ford Foundation International Fellowships Program 2010
- Harold Ford Melbourne JD Scholarships, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Human Neurophysiology, University of Oxford, UK
- Master Scholarships in Food Technology, Wageningen University, Netherlands
- The Michigan Society of Fellows 2010, University of Michigan, USA
- Imam Bukhari & Imam Tirmizi Visiting Research Fellowships, Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies, UK
- Doctoral Fellowships in Industrial Biotechnology, Germany
- MSc by Research in Documentation Process of Medical Devices, Cranfield University, UK
- Undergraduate Scholarships, City University London, UK
- Visiting Research Fellowships, Universiti Brunei Darussalam