The government of Fujian Province has established the fujian Government Scholarship for International Students (hereinafter referred to as FGS) in accordance with the Guidance for the Medium and Long-Term Educational Reform and Development in Fujian Province (2010-2020),in effort to further promote the development and make progress on scale, level and service ability of the international students’ education of Fujian Province, and attract more academically excellent international students to study in Fujian.
Students who wish to study and are studying in Fujian province
CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
- Education background and age limit
- Applicants for Governor Special Scholarship Program must recommend by our Provincial partnership cities and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants for International Liaison of Provincial partnership cities study in Fujian program must recommend by our Provincial partnership cities and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants for International Liaison of Provincial partnership cities trainees program and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants for Independent recruitment program by Fujian universities includes:
- Applicants for undergraduate program or long term language must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for master’s degree programs must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for general scholar program must have bachelor’s degree or completed at least two years of undergraduate studies and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants for doctoral degree programs must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for senior scholar program must have master’s degree or above or hold academic title of associate professor or above and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants should meet the language requirements of the higher education institutions.
- Applicants should not be awardees of Chinese government scholarships at the same time.
Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
The scholarship is divided into the following categories and is granted to the relevant institutions that accept international students:
- Governor Special Scholarship Program: 60,000 RMB/person/year
- International Liaison of Provincial partnership cities study in Fujian program: 30000 RMB/person/year
- International Liaison of Provincial partnership cities trainees program
- Non-academic language students:30,000 RMB/person/year,granted to the student for one academic year
- Short-term program trainees:5,000 RMB/person/month,granted to the student for individual study period
- Independent recruitment program by Fujian universities:
- Undergraduate program or long term language students: : scholarship is granted to the students pursuing a bachelor’s degree for 3 academic years and students pursuing a bachelor’s degree for 4 years of 30,000 RMB/person/year
- Master’s degree or general scholar students: scholarship is granted to the student for 2 to 3 academic years with the standard of RMB 40,000 per year.
- Doctoral degree or senior scholar students: scholarship is granted to the student for 3 to 4 academic years with the standard of RMB 50,000 per year.
Applicants should hand in applications within written forms or apply online from January to April each year.
The applicants must fill in and submit the following documents truly, correctly and completely:
- Application Form For Fujian Government Scholarship
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): Applicants shall also provide proof of studying on application.
- Original and photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form printed by Chinese quarantine authority for students who apply to study more then 6 months or above.
- A study plan (400 words or above) or research plan (800 words or above)
- Applicants for music and art are requested to submit the applicants’ own works
- Students under age 18 should submit relevant legal documents from their guardians
- Application documents will NOT be returned.
Address: No. 162, Gu Pin Rd, GuLou District, Fuzhou.
For more information, please visit official website: www.csc.edu.cn.
- Master & Doctoral Scholarships by Chinese Government, China
- Undergraduate, Master & Doctoral Scholarships for International Students, Xiamen University, China
- Jilin Provincial Government Scholarship, China
- University of Ulster Santander Scholarships, UK
- Jiangxi Provincial Government Scholarship, China
- China Government Scholarship for Master & PhD, Nanjing University
- Beasiswa Pascasarjana UNESCO di China
- Bachelor, Master & Doctoral, Chinese Government Scholarship, China
- Tianjin Government Scholarship, China
- Heilongjiang Government Scholarship, China
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.