Fully-Funded International Research Scholarships (FIRS) Session 2011-2012
Fully funded University International Research Scholarships are available for high quality international students who will be commencing PhD research study in Session 2011-12 for study in any Faculty at the University of Leeds.
Please read this information carefully, as your application form will be automatically rejected if you do not meet ALL of the eligibility criteria listed below:
- Applicants MUST first submit a research degree study application form and be in receipt of a University BANNER ID Number (Student ID Number) to be eligible for a Fully-Funded International Research Scholarship. Applications without a valid University ID Number will be rejected. To apply for a place on a research degree programme, please visit: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/students/apply_research.htm
- These awards are only available to applicants who would be liable to pay academic fees at the full international fee rate;
- Applicants must normally hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK First Class Honours degree and should be considered to be the `best of the best` (eg, applicants should be demonstrably in the top 20% of their cohort). Applicants should either have graduated with the appropriate First Degree or be in their final year of study;
- Applicants whose first language is not English must have already met the University`s English Language requirements . Some Schools require a standard of English higher than the University minimum;
- These awards are not open to individuals who have already been awarded a Doctoral degree or equivalent qualification;
- Applicants must not hold another Scholarship
These include the following (full information on the regulations will be sent to all successful applicants):
- Awards must be taken up on 1 October 2011;
- The awards are available for new research students undertaking full-time study leading to the degree of PhD. Students who are already registered for PhD research study are excluded from this competition;
- The award will cover full international fees and a maintenance grant of £13,895 per annum. There are no additional allowances for travel or research costs;
- The award will be made for one year in the first instance and renewable for a further period of up to two years, subject to satisfactory academic progress;
- Applicants must live within a reasonable distance of the University of Leeds whilst in receipt of this Scholarship.
Method of Application
- Applicants must complete all sections of the application form, using the space provided on the form and with strict observation of any word limits. Attachments are not permitted and all will be disregarded.
- The completed form should be returned to the Postgraduate Scholarships Office, Marjorie & Arnold Ziff Building, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT by no later than 24 January 2011 or by email to email@example.com
- To track the progress of your application, please visit http://scholarships.leeds.ac.uk and select the tab `Application Tracking`, then follow the instructions on screen. Please note that, due to the large volume of applications, the Postgraduate Scholarships Office will not enter into any correspondence regarding the progress of an application.
Application Procedure & Result
Applications are logged by the Postgraduate Scholarships Office and passed on to the relevant Schools for initial consideration. Each School selects a shortlist of applicants who they wish to recommend for the award. The Group on Scholarships, Studentships and Prizes then meets to consider the shortlists and select the successful applicants. Applicants can expect to be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of March 2011. The University will publish the names of the successful applicants within the University and externally on the University website.
Closing Date: 24 January 2011
- Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships 2010 for International Students, University of Leeds, UK
- IDEA Applied and Professional Ethics Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- POLIS International Scholarship, School of Politics and International Studies, University of Leeds, UK
- International Excellence Scholarships, Faculty of Engineering, University of Leeds, UK
- PhD Studentships, Bournemouth University, UK
- School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- MBA Scholarships, Bournemouth University, UK
- Master Scholarships, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds, UK
- Fully Funded Research Assistants, IMDEA Networks, Spain
- PhD Studentships in Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), Oxford Brookes University, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
I need that.