If no suitable application is received for an award in this discipline, the scholarship may be awarded in other subject groupings in the following order of priority:
- Classical Languages and Classical Archaeology
- Mental Philosophy
The amount awarded will not exceed £5,700 in total and may be divided between two or more applicants.
Successful applicants will be expected to submit a written report on the work undertaken and to present the findings in a manner agreed by the subject area concerned, as in a seminar or lecture.
Applications, setting out the purpose of the proposed travel, with dates, costings, and a brief CV, should be made by letter to Mr Liam Forbes.
Two referees should provide brief references, either by post or e-mail. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that we have received all references by the closing date.
All materials are due by 31 May 2011.
Mr. Liam Forbes
College of Humanities and Social Science
David Hume Tower
Edinburgh, EH8 9JX
Work: +44 (0)131 650 3578
Terms and conditions
Up to £5,700 for one year (a previous holder being eligible for re-election). Awarded annually by the College of Humanities and Social Science on behalf of the Senatus to a graduate of the College of not more than three years’ standing to assist him or her in travelling for study or research.
A preference is given to suitable candidates desiring to undertake work in the following subjects in the following scheme of rotation: Semitic and Indian Languages, English and Modern Languages, History and Classical Languages, Classical Archaeology and Mental Philosophy.
When not awarded to a candidate in the priority category, the scholarship will be offered in the next group, and so on.
Applicants are required to state the purpose to which they will put the scholarship and the other means which they have towards the object in view. The award is contingent on the importance of the proposed work, the sufficiency of the means, and the capacity of the applicants.
The holder must satisfy the College that he/she is carrying out the work undertaken, and will be expected to submit a written report and to present the findings in a manner agreed by the department concerned, e.g. a seminar or lecture.
- Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Edinburgh Global Master Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- School of Biological Sciences Taught Postgraduate Bursaries, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- John Orr Research Award, University of Edinburgh, UK
- MSc Scholarships in Science Communication and Public Engagement, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Undergraduate Scholarships 2010/2011, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Coca-Cola Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- MSc Scholarships in Psychology, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Informatics International Master Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.