The Government Finance Professional Development Scholarship of $5,000 is available for award in 2011 to one or more employees of a state or local government enrolled in part-time graduate study preparing for a career in state and local government finance. The winner(s), if selected, will be invited to attend the Government Finance Officers Association’s annual conference in San Antonio, Texas, May 22-25, 2011, where the award will be presented. The winner(s) will receive a complimentary annual conference registration and transportation costs to San Antonio and hotel accommodations.
- Employed at least two years by one or more state or local governments
- Recommendation by your academic advisor or dean of the graduate program
- Recommendation by your employer
- Currently a part-time student in a graduate program in public administration, governmental accounting, finance, economics, or business administration preparing for a career in state and local government finance; student must expect to be enrolled in the Spring 2011 semester (including Spring 2011 graduates).
- Baccalaureate degree or its equivalent
- Student has not been a past winner of a scholarship program administered by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada
Deadline: February 18, 2011
Applications and additional information are available under “Student Opportunities” at www.gfoa.org
Government Finance Officers Association
203 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60601-1210
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program by Government of Canada
- Master Scholarships for Pegawai Negeri Sipil (PNS) Indonesia, UK
- MSc Scholarships in Finance, University of Stirling, UK
- Endeavour Awards 2011, Postgraduate & Postdoctoral Awards by Australian Government
- MSc Scholarships in International Accounting and Finance, University of Stirling, UK
- Postdoctoral Position, Junior Fellowship Ontario Centre for Engineering and Public Policy (OCEPP), Canada
- PhD Scholarships in Ultrafast Lasers and Photonics, Nonlinear Optics and Biophotonics, University of Manitoba, Canada
- Dubai Bank Scholarships in Business and Finance, London School of Business & Finance, UK
- Endeavour Awards from Australian Government
- PhD Scholarships in Finance at Vienna Graduate School of Finance, Austria
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.