The purpose of this scholarship is twofold: to financially support Self-Supported International Students whose academic performance is outstanding and to increase the number of students from abroad.
Definition of Self-Supported International Students
“Self-Supported International Students” are international students with a College Student Visa who are not receiving the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship nor any governmental scholarship from home.
Qualifications for Applicants
Self-Supported Students with excellent grades who pass the entrance examination for the Master’s Program at the Graduate School of Science will qualify and enter the program either in April or October 2014. Priority goes to UTRIP(University of Tokyo Research Internship Program)participants. Recipients of other scholarship starting from April or October 2013 are not eligible. There is a possibility that an applicant might be required to withdraw from this scholarship if the applicant is deemed to be the recipient of another scholarship.
- Number of Recipients: A few(Enroll in April or October)
- Monthly Stipend: 150,000 yen
- Term of Scholarship: From April/October, 2014 to March/September, 2019
- Tokyo Institute of Technology Student Exchange Program, Japan
- Graduate Program in Sustainability Science (GPSS) Scholarships, University of Tokyo, Japan
- International Student Special Scholarship Program, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Japan Educational Seminar in Indonesia
- Inpex Scholarship Foundation for Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Japan
- Ajinomoto Scholarship for ASEAN International Students, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Ajinomoto Indonesia Postgraduate Scholarship, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Travel Grant for Starting Scholars from Overseas, Japan Sociological Society
- Short Term Exchange Program (STEP) - Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology (TUAT)
- The RIKEN Brain Science Institute (RIKEN BSI) Summer Program 2010, Japan
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
For more information, please visit official website: www.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp.