The John F. Kennedy School of Government and the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) at Harvard University are seeking to hire a Postdoctoral Fellow with expertise in Science, Technology and Society (STS). The one-year position will carry a teaching load of one undergraduate course in Technology and Society; the successful candidate will also assist in STS Program activities and build links between STS and SEAS. Renewal for a second year may be possible contingent on satisfactory performance.
Candidates should be qualified to carry out research on the social implications of one or more aspects of engineering or applied sciences, such as information and communication technologies, biotechnology, or nanotechnology. Areas of specialization might include studies of innovation; risk and regulation; intellectual property; new research partnerships and research governance; or ethical issues in technological R&D. Research experience on comparative, international and global issues is especially welcome.
Interdisciplinary teaching experiences are highly desirable. Candidates should hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in an appropriate field, including science and technology studies, sociology, law, political science, economics, or engineering.
Interested candidates should submit a curriculum vitae, a cover letter with a statement of research interests, a writing sample or representative publication, and three letters of recommendation in paper copy to Professor Sheila Jasanoff, Director, Program on Science, Technology and Society, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, 79 John F. Kennedy Street, Mailbox 17, Cambridge, MA 02138.
Review of applications will begin on January 15, 2011 and continue until the position is filled. Applications from women and minorities are especially encouraged. Harvard University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
Program on Science, Technology and Society
John F. Kennedy School of Government
79 JFK Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
- Boustany Foundation MBA Scholarship, Harvard Business School, USA
- Committee on General Scholarships, Harvard University, USA
- Harvard Academy Graduate Fellowships, USA
- Postdoctoral Fellowships in Japanese Studies, Harvard University, USA
- Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship, Harvard University, USA
- Postdoctoral Position in Optical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard University, USA
- Gita Wirjawan Graduate Fellowship at the John F Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, USA
- Nieman-Berkman Fellowship in Journalism Innovation, Harvard University, USA
- Asia Center Graduate Summer Research Grants, Harvard University, USA
- Nuclear Security Fellowship, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard University, USA
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.