The Graduate Studies in International Affairs program offers up to four Hedley Bull Scholarships each year for full-time study in the Master of Arts (International Relations) commencing in semester one. Applicants must meet the admission requirements of the Master of Arts (International Relations).
When applying for the MA (International Relations), eligible applicants for the Hedley Bull Scholarship should include a covering letter indicating their interest in being considered for the scholarship and making the case for being granted one. The covering letter together with the application for the MA (International Relations) (including transcripts and three academic references) will be considered as the full application for the scholarship. There is no need to provide a separate application. The scholarship provides a full-fee waiver for three full-time sessions (semesters). This amounts to 48 units of graduate coursework and a 24-unit thesis session.
MA (International Relations) (MAIR) and Master of International Affairs (MIA)
Applicants for the MIA or MAIR programs should normally have obtained at least a Distinction average in a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Honours, or the equivalent. The degree should be in any discipline of the social sciences or the humanities, although exceptional candidates with degrees from other fields will be considered. As a guide, Distinction refers to an A/B+ average, 2(1) Hons in the British system or 14/20 in the French system.
Applicants with a Bachelors degree may be made an offer to enter the Graduate Certificate in International Relations (GCIR) or Graduate Diploma in International Affairs (GDIA), with the possibility of transferring into the MIA or MAIR programs, if they achieve a Distinction average in the GCIR or GDIA.
Graduate Diploma in International Affairs (GDIA) and Graduate Certificate in International Relations (GCIR)
Applicants for the GDIA and the GCIR should normally have obtained a Bachelor degree with a Credit average. Although a degree in the social sciences would be an advantage, degrees in other areas will be considered.
All domestic applications for the graduate coursework qualifications must be made through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC). The UAC code for the qualifications are:
- 832903 / 835903 — Graduate Certificate in International Relations
- 832902 / 833902 / 835902 — Graduate Diploma in International Affairs
- 832901 / 833901 / 835901 — Master of International Affairs
- 832900 / 835900 — Master of Arts (International Relations)
- 832949 — Master of International Affairs / Master of Diplomacy
- 047930C — Master of Arts (International Relations) / Master of Diplomacy
All International applications for the graduate coursework qualifications must be made directly to ANU Apply online at ANU Apply Online
Attach to your completed online application form, scanned certified copies of the following documents,
- copies of full academic transcripts (bring originals when enrolling)
- English language proficiency test results (in accordance with Admission Requirements see below)
- list at least one academic referee on your application form who we can contact by email.
OR send certified copies of the above documents directly to:
Graduate Studies in International Affairs
Department of International Relations
School of International, Political & Strategic Studies
Hedley Bull Centre, Building 130
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200, Australia
fax +61 2 6125 7693
phone +61 2 6125 3793
Closing date for receipt of complete application for scholarship (to commence the MAIR in February 2014): 31 October 2013
For more information, please visit official website: ips.cap.anu.edu.au.
- Hedley Bull Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
- Master of International Affairs in Peace and Conflict Studies Scholarships 2011
- Astronomy & Astrophysics Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
- ANU PhD Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
- ANU University Research Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
- ANU International Undergraduate Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
- French Embassy Cotutelle Travel Grant, France - Australia
- ANU Tuition Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
- Endeavour Awards 2011, Postgraduate & Postdoctoral Awards by Australian Government
- Master and Doctoral Scholarships for Indonesian Students by Australian Development Scholarships
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.