The HCCCF Vocal Scholarships are generously sponsored by The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Community Foundation, and are provided to encourage the educational growth of new students enrolled in the Vocal Program at MI. Twelve HCCCF Vocal scholarships will be awarded in Spring 2013 to students (US or non-US citizens) enrolling in the Associate of Arts in Performance (Vocal) program who enter with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 (or better) and can clearly articulate their goals as a vocalist (see essay instructions below).
The scholarship is applicable for students enrolled in the Vocal performance program only, and may not be transferred to “non- performance program” emphases (Audio Engineering, Music Business, Independent Artist, Guitar Craft, or Film) within an AA degree.
Eligibility is determined by a combination of academic standing (minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75) and the quality and content of the scholarship essay (described below).
To be considered for a HCCCF Vocal Scholarship, you must take the following steps:
- Complete a HCCCF Vocal Scholarship application (see application download instructions below).
- Submit a 250 word essay explaining why you should be considered for a HCCCF Vocal Scholarship. Include your long and short-term goals and any other factors you consider relevant. Essays that exceed the 250 word limit will not considered.
- Submit a copy of your official high school or college transcript.
One Complete Vocal Program Equipment Package per Awardee:
- Sennheiser e835 Microphone
- Sennheiser HD201 Headphones
- 20 Ft. Male to Female XLR Cable with XLR to 1/4″ Adapter
For programs beginning: Spring 2013
Submit application by: March 1, 2013
All materials must be submitted in a complete package and mailed via US Postal Service to:
6752 Hollywood Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028
For more information, please visit official website: www.mi.edu.
- Sennheiser Vocal Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- MI 35th Anniversary Vocal Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- W Crane Guy Memorial Vocal Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- Mojave Audio Vocal Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- Rennesha Patterson Vocal Musicianship Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- Hard Rock Cafe / Hollywood High Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- Musicianship Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- David Geffen Foundation Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- D’Addario Guitar Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- MI 35th Anniversary Film Program Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.