Hungary through the Balassi Institute, the Hungarian Scholarship Board Office offers scholarships for foreign students and lecturers in higher education institutions as well as research fellows who intend to gain further professional experience in Hungarian higher education institutions or research institutes. Scholarships can be applied for in two different ways:
- Work plans and bilateral agreementsThe Office of the Hungarian Scholarship Board (hereinafter HSB) welcomes applications by citizens of countries (and territories) that have a valid/effective educational work plan with Hungary, or a bilateral agreement signed by the Hungarian Ministry of National Recourses and the relevant ministry of the given country (or territory). Dissemination of all information regarding the application procedure and deadlines as well as assessment and shortlisting of applications is conducted by the scholarship authority or the Ministry of Education in the relevant home country (or territory). Applications forwarded by partner scholarship offices shall have a priority. However, applications submitted directly to the HSB Office shall also be accepted in the framework of the Pool system outlined below.
- Scholarship PoolIn 2005 the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Hungary established the ‘Scholarship Pool’ allowing for applications for all HSB scholarship types from the following countries/territories:
Albania, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Korean Republic, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, The Netherlands, Norway, Republic of Chile, Republic of the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Romania, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America.
Citizens of the following countries may only apply through their national scholarship offices, on the basis of bilateral agreements: Columbia, Yemen, Mongolia, Palestine and Vietnam.
- Global IT Program Korea - Ajou University
- Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students, Georgia College & State University, USA
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Daejeon University, Korea
- GKS (Global Korea Scholarship) for Master Students, Daejeon University, Korea
- PhD Student Positions, San Diego State University, California, USA
- International Student Ambassador Scholarships, Iowa State University, USA
- The Komen College Scholarship Program, USA
- Researcher Position in Computer Science, University of Debrecen, Hungary
- Government Finance Professional Development Scholarship, USA - Canada
- International Scholarship 2010-2011 to Study Bahasa Indonesia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
For more information, please visit official website: www.scholarship.hu.