The Islamic Development Bank established the IDB Prize for Women’s Contribution to Development in 2006 in alignment with the recommendations of the IDB Women`s Advisory Panel. The Panel is composed of 12 prominent women recognized as leaders in their fields who advise the Bank on how to enhance women`s participation in the socioeconomic development process. The Prize is awarded annually in order to draw international attention to the vital role women play in developing their communities and the world.
The Prize consists of two cash awards:
- U.S. $ 50,000 for a woman or a group of women
- U.S. $ 100,000 for an organization
The Prize is awarded during the Annual Meeting of the IDB Board of Governors.
The general criteria applied in selecting and assessing nominations for the Prize for both individuals and organizations include the following;
Impact Individuals and organizations nominated should exhibit projects that have contributed to the improvement of the socio-economic status of women and helped them to build their capacities.
Creativity Individuals and organizations nominated should have projects/activities that are outstanding, innovative and unique.
Outreach Individuals and organizations nominated should have mechanisms for extending their projects/activities to surrounding areas to ensure their services are offered to as many women as possible.
Sustainability Individuals and organizations nominated should have projects/activities that are sustainable.
Deadline for Submitting Nomination Forms : 15 February, 2011.
To Nominate or Request Information, Please Contact:
Human Development Department
Science & Technology and Technical Cooperation
Islamic Development Bank
P.O. Box 5925 Jeddah 21432
Tel: +966 2 646-6716/646-6787
Fax: +966 2 646-7828
- Master Scholarships in Mechanical Engineering, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- King Saud Foundation Prize, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK
- Postdoctoral / Research Position, Desalination Technology, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
- Master Scholarship, Desalination Technology, King Abdulaziz University (KAU), Saudi Arabia
- Islamic Development Bank - Oxford Clarendon Scholarships, University of Oxford, UK
- Postdoctoral Positions in Non Destructive Testing, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
- Merit Scholarship Programme for High Technology (MSP), Islamic Development Bank, Saudi Arabia
- PhD Studentships in Advanced Electronic Transport Theory, Ireland & Saudi Arabia
- Postdoctoral Position, Computational Bioscience Research, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Islamic Studies, Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies, University of Oxford, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.