Applications for the academic year 2014-2015 are invited for the Imam Bukhari and Imam Tirmizi Visiting Research Fellowships. Applicants should be citizens of countries in Asia or Africa. Preference will be given to those studying classical Islamic sciences, although other areas in the humanities and social sciences will be considered. These Fellowships each carry a stipend of £3,000 and membership of the Common Room. The stipend is intended as a supplementary award and may be held in conjunction with other research grants, stipends, or sabbatical salaries.
The Fellowships will be tenable from 1 October 2014 for a minimum period of three months. These Fellowships are intended to encourage interaction among academics from various traditions of learning. The Imam Bukhari and Imam Tirmizi Research Fellows will be expected to devote their time to research and writing and to participate in the Centre’s academic activities.
Applications should include a curriculum vitae and a brief statement of proposed research. Two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the Centre.
Application forms are available for download (click here) or can be obtained from:
The Academic Office,
Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies,
George Street, Oxford,
OX1 2AR, UK.
Tel: 00 44 1865 278730; Fax: 00 44 1865 248942;
The closing date for applications is Friday 6th December 2013.
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Islamic Studies, Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies, University of Oxford, UK
- Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships (OCISS), University of Oxford, UK
- Visiting Research Fellowships, Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- Beasiswa Unggulan Magister Ilmu Hukum, Universitas Diponegoro
- Mathematics Research Fellowships, Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Italy
- International Scholarships in Islamic Banking, University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Perso-Indica Visiting Fellowships, Université Sorbonne Nouvelle, France
- Abdullah Al-Mubarak Research Fellowship in Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies, Pembroke College, UK
- Islamic Development Bank - Oxford Clarendon Scholarships, University of Oxford, UK
- Yousef Jameel Scholarship in History of Islamic Art, University of Oxford, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.