You are a talented social entrepreneur or working for an NGO in an emerging country. You would like a top international MBA to expand your horizons so that you can go back and make a difference.
Amount: Living Expenses (as deemed reasonable by IMD) + CHF 45,000
Geographical region: Emerging countries
- Currently working as a social entrepreneur or for an NGO in your home country or region
- 4-10 years work experience
- Making a significant contribution to your local environment, country or society in general
- Have leadership characteristics and the ability to have an impact in the class
- Have financial need such that you could not otherwise afford to attend IMD
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment for socially responsible leadership both in your current role and to go back to your home country or region after the IMD MBA program
How to apply
Send the following information by July 15, 2011 to be considered for the IMD MBA program starting in January 2013:
- Answer the 5 scholarship essay questions below
- Submit your personal information form
- Submit your detailed university transcripts
- Send 2 signed letters of recommendation
- Submit the IMD financial aid application with all supporting documents
- Tell us about yourself and your experience (500 words)
- What drives your passion for socially responsible leadership? (100 words)
- What are your future career goals? (100 words)
- Why does an IMD MBA fit with these future career goals? (100 words)
- Identify a social entrepreneurship project in your country. How would you implement the project including milestones and funding? Identify positive points that may help you to implement the plan as well as barriers (and possible solutions) that may prevent you from achieving your goals. (1,000 words. Additional supporting project information can be submitted in an appendix.)
- September 15, 2011: The IMD Scholarship Selection Committee will identify a short list of scholarship candidates
- October 30, 2011: Selection of candidates. Candidates will be interviewed by telephone during the month of October.
- January 10, 2012: Completion of GMAT test by selected candidates
- February 1, 2012: Notification of scholarship finalist/s.
- April 1, 2012: Submission of completed IMD MBA application form for the 2013 class.
- Scholarship winners must complete and pass the regular IMD MBA admission process prior to being accepted for the program! IMD does NOT guarantee a place in the MBA program until completion and passing of the regular MBA admissions process.
- IMD reserves the right not to award a scholarship if the criteria are not met to the satisfaction of the jury / sponsors.
Scholarship questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit official website: www.imd.org.
- Switzerland Scholarships | Beasiswa Swiss
- PhD Fellowships, Werner Siemens Foundation, Switzerland
- Nestlé Scholarship for Women, IMD Business School, Switzerland
- Jim-Ellert MBA Scholarship, IMD Switzerland
- van Oord MBA Scholarship, IMD Switzerland
- IMD MBA Future Leaders Scholarships, Switzerland
- Swiss Government Scholarships for Foreign Students for University, Fine Arts and Music School, Switzerland
- IMD MBA Alumni Scholarships, Switzerland
- Master Grants for International Students, University of Bern, Switzerland
- AISTS MSA Athlete Scholarship, Switzerland
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.