Independent Artist Scholarships are available to applicants enrolling in the Artist Certificate Program who demonstrate outstanding talent.
- Enroll in Artist Certificate Program.
- U.S. or non-U.S. citizen.
- Demonstrate outstanding talent.
How to Apply:
To be considered for an Independent Artist Scholarship, submit the following
- A completed application (see download instructions below). An audio recording containing the songs that you submitted with your original application to the program plus at least two and up to five more (formats accepted: Audio CD, AIFF, WAV, mp3, AAC).
- A detailed credit list for all songs submitted including who performed on each instrument, who engineered, and who produced.
- If you are the author of any lyrics performed or submitted with this application, include a lyric sheet for each song.
- A 1-2 page essay describing your short and long-term career objectives. Include specific information about how you plan to meet your objectives.
- In addition to the requirements above, submit ONLY ONE of the following three items: A video recording containing a minimum of 2 original songs in a solo performance or in a band/ensemble setting (formats accepted: DVD, quicktime /.mov, mpeg, VHS).
- Complete multi-track audio files of two original recordings (these may be the same songs submitted above) Formats accepted: Apple Logic, Pro Tools, Steinberg Cubase, Ableton Live, bounced individual audio files).
- A video recording of less than 15 minutes documenting your writing/creative process (formats accepted: DVD, quicktime /.mov, mpeg, VHS).
The total scholarship amount will be divided by the total number of quarters in the particular program and credited toward each quarter’s tuition in equal amounts, for as long as the student maintains a 3.5 GPA.
For programs beginning: Spring 2014
Submit Application by: February 28, 2014
Please return the above items to:
6752 Hollywood Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028
For more information, please visit official website: www.mi.edu.
- MI 35th Anniversary Independent Artist Program Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- Jennifer Batten Independent Artist Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- Sennheiser Vocal Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- Musicianship Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- MI 35th Anniversary Keyboard Technology Program Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- MI 35th Anniversary Guitar Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- MI 35th Anniversary Vocal Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- MI 35th Anniversary Drum Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- MI 35th Anniversary Bass Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
- Evans Drum Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.