2011 Indonesian Arts And Culture Scholarship Programme
Short Term Programme
The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship
The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship has been conducted since 2003 and was initially offered to and participated by member countries of the South West Pacific Dialogue (SwPD); Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Timor-Leste, and the host Indonesia.
Bearing in mind the significance and advantages obtained from the program, the offer was expanded over the years to include member countries of ASEAN, ASEAN+3, and PIF, as well as India and South Africa. In 2008, Indonesia welcomed the participation of Azerbaijan, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Since 2009, Austria has joined the program and in 2010 the Government of Indonesia has given the opportunity for participants from France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Spain and Suriname. This year, Indonesia will invite participant from Hungary, Poland, the Czech Republic and Turkey to join the program.
Due to the limited space and the vast amount of interest in the program, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia in cooperation with Indonesian embassies and consulates overseas, hold a series of selection process. Taken into considerations are, among others, the participants’ background, gender and regional representation.
In order to deepen the participants’ understanding of Indonesian arts and culture, and to enhance their skills for the final performance, participants will be divided and assigned by the organising committee to different arts centers for the duration of approximately two and a half month. The arts centers are located in Bandung, West Java; Denpasar, Bali; Solo, Central Java; Surabaya, East Java; and Bandar Lampung, Lampung.
- StuNed Short Courses Scholarships for Indonesian, Netherlands
- International Scholarship 2010-2011 to Study Bahasa Indonesia
- Summer School Utrecht Scholarship, Indonesian Young Leaders, Indonesian Ministry of Religious Affairs, Leiden University, Netherlands
- Swiss Government Scholarships for Foreign Students for University, Fine Arts and Music School, Switzerland
- International Youth Exchange - Jogjakarta Indonesia
- The Indonesian-German Scientists Exchange Program
- New Zealand - ASEAN Scholars Awards for Indonesia
- Master Scholarships for International Students from Government of Indonesia
- Kizuna Project, Study Visit to Japan
- Japanase Language and Culture Studies Program, University of Hokkaido
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.