The ICP PhD programme aims to institutionally strengthen universities or research institutions in the South through capacity building. Local academic personnel is upgraded by offering Ph D scholarships in a so-called ‘sandwich program’. The research and doctoral programme are geographically spread over two locations, namely the academic home institution and a Flemish university. In this way both local and Flemish expertise are combined to provoke a win-win effect for all parties involved.
The call is only open for ICP graduates. An ICP is an International Course Programme (Master, or Master after Master), funded by VLIR-UOS and organized in Belgium at one or more of the Flemish Universities. The applicant should either graduate in the reference year (2010) or not have graduated from an ICP more than five years before the start of the ICP PhD scholarship period. For the list of ICP programmes and a complete list of the admissibility criteria, please refer to the call ICP PhD 2010.
This call for ICP PhD 2010, launched on 6 November 2009, is open until February 2010. Selection will take place in May 2010. Selected candidates start on 1 October 2010.
- Master Scholarships in Economics, Belgium
- Erasmus Mundus 2010 MSc Scholarships in Photonics, Europe
- VLIR-UOS Master Scholarships, Ghent University, Belgium
- European Master of Science Scholarships in Nematology, Erasmus Mundus
- Master Scholarships, Research on Information and Communication Technologies, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Belgium Scholarships | Beasiswa Belgia
- Master Scholarships in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- PhD Student in Statistical Bioinformatics, Hasselt University, Belgium
- VLIR-UOS 2010 Scholarship for Master of Food Technology, Belgium
- Master Scholarships in Economics and Market Policy, University of Bologna, Italy
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.