The American Association of University Women (AAUW) empowers women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. Our nonpartisan, nonprofit organization has more than 150,000 members and supporters across the United States, as well as 1,000 local branches and 700 college and university partners. Since AAUW’s founding in 1881, our members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
AAUW’s Value Promise
By joining AAUW, you belong to a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance.
International Fellowships are awarded for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions are supported.
Applicants must have earned the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree by September 30, 2012 and must have applied to their proposed institutions of study by the time of the application. Up to five fellowships are renewable for a second year.
2013 – 2014 Academic Year
Fellowship year: July 1, 2013-June 30, 2014
Master’s/First Professional Degree Fellowship: $18,000
Doctoral Fellowship: $20,000
Postdoctoral Fellowship: $30,000
Applications available: August 1, 2012 – December 1, 2012*
Application deadline: December 1, 2012*
* Applications, supporting documents, and recommendations will be accepted on the following business day if the deadline falls on a weekend. The online application and recommendation will state the actual submission deadline.
Questions about applications must be directed to the Iowa City office. Please do not contact the AAUW office in Washington, D.C., or local branches for application information. Please call 319/337-1716 ext. 60, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to the customer service center at
AAUW Fellowships and Grants
C/O ACT, Inc.
P.O. Box 4030
Iowa City, IA 52243-4030
For more information, please visit official website: www.aauw.org.
- Schlumberger Foundation 2010 Faculty for the Future Fellowships
- Fellowship in Aerospace History, American Historical Association, NASA, USA
- Robert L Platzman Memorial Fellowships, University of Chicago, USA
- Doctoral Fellowship Program in Law and Social Science by American Bar Foundation, USA
- Women’s Research & Education Institue (WREI) Congressional Fellows on Women and Public Policy, USA
- International Fellowships Programme, Japanese Association of University Women, Japan
- Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Women in Aerospace Science, Zonta International, USA
- Mendel Fellowships, The Lilly Library of Indiana University, USA
- Australian Uranium Association (AUA) Indigenous Scholarship
- Schlumberger Foundation Fellowships for Women from Developing Countries
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
I want to but I have to be a student because no one support me for college