Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW) is now calling for Applications for its 2014 International Fellowships.
This program is to offer core funding to financially help you come and stay in Japan when you have found that it is preferable or very important for you to stay in Japan to further pursue your ongoing study/research.
- You are a woman of any nationality other than Japanese, living outside Japan at the time of application.
- You have received a Master’s degree or its equivalent, and presently work outside academia, or you are a student/researcher higher than MA /its equivalent level (typically of pre-doctoral or dissertation level). Postdoctoral researchers may apply but they may be placed lower in priority.
- You have to find a host university or institution in Japan by yourself, and have to submit, at the time of application, a Letter of Acceptance from that host or from your prospective supervisor thereof. JAUW will not extend any help regarding to this matter.
- You have to explain in your proposal why you have to come to stay in Japan to pursue your ongoing study or research.
- You have to state clearly in your proposal how and in what aspect you will contribute to your home country through your study/ research in Japan.
- Up to two fellowships will be awarded under this Program.
- The amount of grant will range from ¥700,000 to ¥1,000,000 per grantee. The duration of your stay in Japan and various other factors will be taken into consideration in deciding the total amount of grant.
- This grant is for 5 to 6 months between September 2014 and March 2015, depending on your proposal.
- One third of the total amount will be paid at the time of your arrival in Japan. The rest will normally be paid within 40 days after the initial payment. However, the latter amount (i.e. two thirds of the total) may be payable in two or three installments, depending on circumstances surrounding the grantee in Japan.
- If selected, you must:
- engage in the proposed study/research for which the grant is awarded,
- submit a written summary report of 500 to 700 words by the end of the funding period,
- make an oral presentation based on the above report toward the end of the funding period at a meeting to be held by JAUW
- When forced to change your initial schedule under unforeseen or unavoidable reasons, you have to get a prior written approval from the JAUW President. Any serious delay in the official procedure such as a delay in the issuing of your visa, despite no fault on your side, may result in the cancellation of the grant.
- You have to answer the financial aid questionnaire (in Application Form Part 1), related to other fellowship applications.
- You have to give a brief account of the use of this fellowship (e.g.: tuition, accommodation, transportation, living, study and/or research related expenses).
- Applications must be submitted using the official forms, downloaded from JAUW homepage.
- All entries of the Application Forms must be single spaced, and typed in English. The format must be kept as specified in each form.
Three copies of each of the completed Application Forms (i.e. both part 1 and part 2), and all other Application documents must be sent in one single packet via airmail to:
International Fellowship Committee
Japanese Association of University Women
11-6-101 Samoncho, Shinjuku-ku,
Applications must arrive by March 31, 2014. Application documents received later than that date will be excluded from the review.
WARNING: We do not accept applications by e-mail. Applications sent by e-mail will not be reviewed.
Announcement of Results
- The winners of this fellowship will be notified by e-mail in early June, 2014. At the end of June, their names will be made public on the JAUW web-site.
- We will send an e-mail notifying the results to all the other applicants by around June 20 JST.
JAUW President : Dr. Sachiko Abe
Committee Chair : Ms. Satoko Hirota
- International Fellowships, American Association of University Women (AAUW), USA
- Japanese Urological Association (JUA) International Foundation Scholarship for Young Asian Urologists
- Travel Grant for Starting Scholars from Overseas, Japan Sociological Society
- UNESCO / Keizo Obuchi Research Fellowships 2011, Japan
- Non Degree Monbukagakusho Scholarship in Japanese Studies Program, Japan
- Fukuoka Women’s University Student Exchange Program, Japan
- Monbukagakusho Scholarships, Student Research Program, Japan
- Qualifying Examinations for Applicants for Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho) Scholarships
- Sato International Scholarship Foundation (SISF), Japan
- Kizuna Project, Study Visit to Japan
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
I,m PhD in Educational Psychology, and I want to apply for this fellowship;
I got all the support documents except the acceptance letter of my supervisor/partner etc, at host institution…???
I do not know how to do this … I do not know anyone in Japan
Can you help me quickly? Because the deadline ends soon…
Dr. Lara lópez
hi, my name is dewi
i’m studied in dentistry, and i reallly want scholarship in dentistry cz dental education in japan is a good quality. and please hepl me
please I want study in japan,,,
My name is dahliana,I studied midwifery,,please help me,,,
#thank’s very much
I really wanna continue my study about the Japan culture and stay in Japan. I hope I can get the scholarship there.
my name is faradila. i really want to continue my study in Japan. i hope i can school there, so help me please.
i want to school in japan but i think very imposible
Hii.. My name is Harvina Purnama Sari from Indonesian. I really want to continue my study in Japan. I hope i can school there, so help me please.
Hi,, my name is lisa from weast papua ,.please me, I want my sister to study in Japan.
Hello.. I’m always dream school in japan, please i hope your confir my massage
I want study in Foreign,As in japan,but me not too speak English..
Help me,I want very study in japan…: ):’(
hajimemashite, marya desu. nihongo gakka wo sotsugyoshimashita. bachelor degrre. japanese lecture. kono ryuugakusei wo toru koto ga dekimasuka? arigatou gozaimasu.