We are building a research team of graduate students for our laboratory. Our projects are related to the application of laser ultrasound technologies and optical fiber sensors technologies to the non-destructive test and evaluation (NDT&E), and Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) of important engineering structures, such as wind turbine, space launch vehicle, nuclear power plant, and aircraft. All the projects are application based with supports from the industries or government, and have great potential to be commercialized. If you are highly motivated, we want to invite you to join our research team.
- Aerospace, Aeronautics, Mechanical, E&E, Mechatronics, or Computer engineering.
- Prefer candidates with LabVIEW or FEM skills.
- Good English language proficiency.
- Starting pay KRW 900,000 for master; KRW 1,100,000 for PhD (after tax deduction).
- Increment depending on research achievement, e.g. KRW 1,580,000 for a present PhD student in the 4th year.
- Office utensils supported, including PC, furniture, stationary, etc.
Application or Enquiry:
Detail resume, copy of certificates, TOEFL result, one A4 page of self-introduction (your personality, motivation to join this field of study, reasons of application and personal goals, future plan after your graduation from our university, etc).
Send application or enquiry to ONLY ONE email:
-ANDEatSSL[at]gmail.com (Advanced NDE Team)
-IHUM.SSL[at]gmail.com (Integrated Health & Usage Monitoring Team)
Application due date: 1 Oct. 2010
For more information, visit us at http://ssl.chonbuk.ac.kr (Please use Internet Explorer.)
- 2010 Scholarships for Graduate Students, Smart Structures Lab, Chonbuk National University, South Korea
- Graduate Scholarships in Aerospace Engineering, South Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Chonbuk National University, Korea
- Master, PhD & Postdoctoral Positions in Structural Engineering, Kunsan National University, Korea
- PhD Studentships in the Biomolecular Electronics Research Laboratory, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
- Master, PhD & Postdoctoral in Civil Engineering, Kunsan National University, South Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kumoh National Institute of Technology, Korea
- Graduate Studentships, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, South Korea
- Master & PhD Scholarships, College of IT Engineering, Kyungpook National University, Korea
- The Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) for Research and Technology Graduate Fellowships 2010, Singapore
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.