The criteria for awarding the Huxley scholarships are primarily merit-based.
- Merit does not necessarily have to mean academic merit but could also be interpreted to include outstanding performance in a variety of spheres.
- The strongest candidates will be those demonstrating an understanding of knowledge of the school’s research expertise.
In order to be eligible to apply for a Huxley scholarship you must be a new, full-time self-funding international masters degree student on one of the following courses.
- Biomedical Sciences MSc
- Industrial Pharmaceutical Sciences MSc
- Pharmacology MSc
- Bioscience MRes
- Ecology MRes
- Chemistry MRes
- Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences MRes
Existing international students are not eligible unless starting a new masters programme.
Recipients of this award must not hold or expect to hold any other University of Brighton scholarships.
How to apply
For the 2014 academic year, you should indicate in your personal statement (part of your course application) that you wish to be considered for a Huxley scholarship.
You should include information on the type of research you would like to engage in and explain how your choice of research project fits with the school’s expertise and with your own career plans (maximum 1,000 words). You may not always be able to study the project that you highlight in your personal statement as this will depend on the available resources and expertise within the university.
If you have already sent in your course application, you can submit a separate statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful students will be notified by email.
Deadline for application
30 September 2014
Enquiries and advice
If you have any questions about these scholarships please contact the School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences for advice.
- Tel: +44/0 1273 642090
- Email: email@example.com
- University of Brighton International Research Scholarships, UK
- University of Brighton International Scholarships, UK
- Draper Undergraduate Scholarship, University of Sussex, UK
- MSc Climate Change Scholarships, University of Sussex, UK
- Pegge Scholarship for MSc Evolutionary and Adaptive Systems, University of Sussex, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, School of Psychology, University of Sussex, UK
- Informatics Masters Scholarships, University of Sussex, UK
- Sussex Graduate Scholarship, University of Sussex, UK
- Chancellor’s Masters Scholarship, University of Sussex, UK
- Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students, Georgia College & State University, USA
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.