The University of Hull International Office is offering a number of scholarships to exceptional international undergraduate students to broaden their intellectual and personal horizons and to motivate them towards high achievement.
If you would like to apply for a scholarship please complete the form telling us why you should be considered. We would encourage you to apply early as competition for these scholarships is extremely high.
Information and Guidance for Applicants
- The Scholarship is for 2013/2014 entry only.
- The Scheme applies to international (non-UK and non-EU) students making applications for entry to year one (level 4) of a full-time undergraduate programme of study. Students wishing to apply for entry directly into years 2, 3 and 4 of a full-time undergraduate programme may also apply.
- The scheme does not extend to students wishing to apply for a foundation (level 3) programme.
- The closing date for applications for scholarships is 1 August 2013. The University International Scholarships Committee will endeavour to meet within one week of the application deadline in order to nominate candidates for the awards.
- Applications should be made direct to the University of Hull, International Office.
- No application for a Scholarship shall be considered without the University having first received either a UCAS application form or direct undergraduate application form. Priority will be given to those students who have already met the terms of their offer at the time the University International Scholarship Committee meets to recommend the awards.
- The University International Scholarships Committee may award a Scholarship subject to satisfaction of any conditions which it determines appropriate for entry to the programme of study.
- Scholarships may only be awarded to applicants satisfying general University, Departmental and Programme of Study regulations.
- The Scholarship is payable as a credit against tuition fees only.
- No guarantee of a Scholarship can be made where an applicant indicates that he/she wishes to defer entry to year 2014/2015.
- The Scholarship is awarded for the normal period of study. No student shall be entitled to a scholarship in excess of the period of study for which they are originally registered. This should be noted by any student wishing, after their first year of study, to transfer to the first year of another programme of study.
- The continuation of a scholarship is subject to the applicant passing with a minimum of 60% in assessments and examinations and progression to the next normal year of study.
- Scholarships are not transferable between Departments. Where a student wishes to transfer to another programme of study in another Department, the International Office is under no obligation to honour the commitment to a scholarship. Any student wishing to transfer to another Department will be advised to make appropriate enquiries of the new Department in advance of any firm decision to transfer.
- Scholars must endeavour to support the International Office as a Student Ambassador during the course of their studies, where reasonably possible.
- No student may hold more than one award.
- The quality of the personal statement will be taken into consideration when selecting successful candidates.
The deadline for applications is 1 August 2013.
For more information contact the International Office. Details can be found at:
University of Hull
Hull, HU6 7RX
For more information, please visit official website: www2.hull.ac.uk.
- Business School International Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Hull, UK
- Business School International MSc Scholarship, University of Hull, UK
- MA in Slavery Studies WISE Scholarships, University of Hull, UK
- Undergraduate & Postgraduate Scholarships in Science, University of Hull, UK
- Postgraduate Scholarships in Arts and Social Sciences, University of Hull, UK
- International Student Scholarships in Science and Engineering, University of Hull, UK
- Undergraduate Scholarships 2010/2011, University of Edinburgh, UK
- International Office Scholarships, Bristol University, UK
- Undergraduate, Master & Doctoral Scholarships for International Students, Xiamen University, China
- Undergraduate Business Scholarships for International Students, Australian Catholic University
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.