Applications are invited for a full-time scholarship available in the School of Art, Design & Performance. The scholarship is tenable for up to 3 years for a PhD (via MPhil route) [subject to satisfactory progress] and is open to international applicants only. UK/EU applicants are not eligible to apply. The scholarship will provide £15000 towards the cost of the International tuition fee over 3 years.
Project Title: The Exploration and Investigation of Electronic and Digital Space in Artists’ Video
Based at the Electronic and Digital Art Unit (EDAU), which houses an extensive archive of international artists’ video work, the project will focus on research and analysis of the potential relationships between physical and virtual space that has been developed by artists working with video over the last 40 years. The specific focus of the project in terms of the artists, works and processes to be studied and examined, and the format of the research outcome(s) would be determined by the student in consultation and with the guidance of the supervisory team. It is envisaged that the selected student will be a practicing artist with an interest and/or specialization in the electronic moving image, but the research may be either practice-based, practice-informed, or entirely academic in its approach and final outcomes.
- PhD Studentship in Occupational Epidemiology, University of Central Lancashire, UK
- International PhD Scholarship, Lancashire Law School, University of Central Lancashire, UK
- MA Studentships, School of Journalism, Media and Communication, University of Central Lancashire, UK
- International PhD Scholarship in Medicine and Dentistry, University of Central Lancashire, UK
- PhD Scholarships “Women in Education, Faith Schools”, University of Central Lancashire, UK
- International PhD Scholarship, School of Built & Natural Environment, University of Central Lancashire, UK
- International PhD Scholarship in Psychology, University of Central Lancashire, UK
- Doctoral Positions, Department of Digital Architecture and Planning, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Sobhy Scholarship (Taught MSc), University of Kent, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.