How many scholarships are there?
There are 10 scholarships. At least two are reserved for MRes candidates
Who are the scholarships for?
How much is the scholarship?
The scholarship is worth £2000 and will be in the form of a discount in tuition fees. The taught postgraduate scholarship is for one year only and cannot be deferred to a later year.
How do I apply?
First of all you need to have formally accepted an offer from us. The offer can be unconditional or conditional. Then, you need to complete the application form and send it to us before 30 June 2011.
Applications close at 12 noon GMT on 30 June 2011. Any applications submitted after this time will not be considered.
Please note that we do not award scholarships in order of application so (for example) if you apply on 1st February or 29 June your chances are exactly the same
How does the university choose the candidates?
All our scholarship holders are chosen for their academic excellence. We will also use the information you provide in the separate scholarship application form to judge your application together with your original course application
Do I need to have firmly accepted an offer from Bath in order to be considered for a scholarship?
Yes. Remember that you can formally accept any offer: conditional or unconditional.
What happens if I have a conditional offer?
If you have a conditional offer, then of course any scholarship offer will also be conditional until you have achieved the grades that you need for entry to Bath.
Can I have more than one scholarship?
If you already have a partial scholarship from another organisation (including another University of Bath scholarship such as a University or Alumni award) for part of your tuition fees, you can combine this scholarship with another one provided that it does not equal more than the cost of your tuition fees.
However, we will not give a Graduate School Scholarship to anyone who already has a full award (from another organisation) to pay for their tuition fees.
What happens if my financial situation changes?
If your financial situation changes, then the University reserves the right to reconsider the award. For example: in the case that you were awarded a full fee scholarship from another organisation (e.g. Chevening) you would no longer be eligible for the Graduate School Scholarship.
When do I find out the results?
We will notify all the successful candidates by 29 July 2011 at the latest.
For more information, please visit official website: www.bath.ac.uk.
- Doctoral Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- 50th Anniversary Excellence Studentships for Overseas Students, University of Bath, UK
- Postgraduate Research Scholarships, University of Glasgow, UK
- London Metropolitan University Vice Chancellor’s Research Scholarship, UK
- Jae My Postgraduate Scholarship in Korean Studies, University of Sydney, Australia
- Postgraduate Scholarships in Arts and Social Sciences, University of Hull, UK
- Hermes Fellowships for Postdoctoral Student in Humanities and Social Sciences, France
- Master in Humanities / Medical Humanities Bursaries, University of Leicester, UK
- PhD Studentship in General Linguistics and Phoenetics, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Curtin Humanities - DIKTI English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.