The University of Birmingham is offering 18 International Postgraduate Scholarships worth £10,000 towards the cost of a one year Masters (Taught or Research) programme. These awards are intended for tuition fees only and cannot be used towards living expenses.
Applicants must have an excellent academic background; due to the level of competition for these scholarships, only applicants with a first class Bachelors degree (or equivalent) will be considered.
Applicants must also demonstrate excellence in an area of their life; this might be outstanding academic achievement, exceptional achievement in extra curricular activities (such as sport, music, managing events or societies) or significant achievement gained either in their working life or through volunteering and service to others.
Applicants must also outline the contribution they will make to the University of Birmingham as a student and what they expect to gain from studying here.
In order to apply candidates must:
- have been offered a place to study on an eligible one year Masters programme at the University of Birmingham;
- be overseas for fee purposes;
- be attending full-time and on-campus (not distance learning);
- have a valid student ID number;
- not be in receipt of a full fee scholarship from any other source;
- have made adequate financial provision to study in the UK (including any associated visa/travel expenses);
- be able to pay any outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
How to Apply
Please be aware that you must have made an application to study at the University of Birmingham before submitting a scholarship application.
A link to the online application form is sent automatically via email to students who receive an offer of admission to an eligible degree programme for the 2014/15 academic year.
Please wait at least 7 days from the date of your offer to receive this email.
- Value of Award: £10,000
- Level of Study: Postgraduate
- Subject area: Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Nationality: Overseas (Non-EU)
- Type of Award: University
- Deadline for applying: 28/02/2014
Doctoral Research Enquiry Service
0121 414 5005
- LLM Scholarships, Birmingham Law School, University of Birmingham, UK
- International Business Scholarships, University of Birmingham, UK
- Hong Kong Postgraduate Scholarships, University of Birmingham, UK
- MSc in Robotics Scholarship, University of Birmingham, UK
- LLB Scholarships, Birmingham Law School, University of Birmingham, UK
- Postgraduate Scholarships, Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust, University of Birmingham, UK
- Queen Elizabeth II Scholarships, University of Birmingham, UK
- PhD Studentships, School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, UK
- Mathematics & Statistics Scholarships for Taught Masters, University of Glasgow, UK
- Geographical & Earth Sciences International Academic Excellence Awards, University of Glasgow, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.