International Scholarships 2013/14
York St John University and the SPARK fund are pleased to announce a range of scholarships for new postgraduate international students for the 2013/14 academic year.
For the September 2013 intake, we are pleased to offer:
- One flagship ‘International SPARK Scholar’ award, offering both a full tuition fee scholarship for a Masters level student (MA, MBA, or MSc) AND a £4,000 contribution towards living costs.
- Two full tuition fee scholarships for Masters level students (MA, MBA, MSc).
- Two partial tuition fee scholarships for Masters level students (MA, MBA, MSc), equal to £4,000 each.
York St John University seeks to reward and attract talented and ambitious people, with an international outlook, to study with us on our postgraduate programmes.
Application is through submission of an application form and essay, of up to 1,500 words on the following subject:
How will completing your Master’s degree at York St John University prepare you to become a successful and influential global citizen, and how will you contribute to the internationalisation of life on the York St John University campus during your studies?
Please ensure that when preparing your essay, you write about your own experiences and ambitions, and explain why and how York St John University can help you to achieve your goals, and become a global citizen. Please also reflect on what qualities and experience you can bring with you, and what impact you might have on campus life.
Submitted applications and essays will be considered by a panel of York St John University staff, who will select the successful award winners. The decision of the panel will be final, and we cannot enter into correspondence with applicants regarding the outcome.
Scholarship applications for September 2013 are open from 01 March 2013 until 31 May 2013.
In order to apply, please complete the application form, and submit this, along with your essays email@example.com before 31 May 2013.
Results will be announced by the end of June 2013.
- Applications received after 31 May will not be considered.
- Applications which exceed the word count will not be considered.
- You must have submitted an application to study at York St John University, and receive an offer of a place, in order to be considered for a scholarship - scholarship applications will not be considered if the applicant does not hold a valid offer for a programme of study at York St John University.
SPARK stands for Securing Potential and Releasing Knowledge. The funds for this scheme are raised by voluntary donations from our alumni, staff, governors and students. This enables the University to offer a number of Scholarships. Students can apply for these in addition to any other support they receive and they do not affect your entitlement to other forms of financial aid.
For more information about scholarships please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Henry Brookes Master Scholarships, Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Dr John Woolcott Undergraduate Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- PhD Studentships in Organic Chemistry, University of York, UK
- York University International Undergraduate Student Scholarship & Award Program, Canada
- Harvard Postdoctoral Position in Science, Technology and Society, Harvard University, USA
- Postdoctoral Position in Stereoscopic 3D Cinema, York University, Canada
- Falak Sufi Scholarship, Graduate School of Arts & Science, New York University, USA
- Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr. Research Fellowships, John F. Kennedy Library Foundation, USA
- Godfrey John Tyler Scholarship in Economics, St Cross College, University of Oxford, UK
- PhD Studentship in Children’s Critical Care, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.