International Student Scholarships are a testament to the commitment of Dalarna University (DU) to quality and outstanding international students. These scholarships are available to international students who have shown great interest and motivation to study at DU.
Application for Studies at DU
Before you apply for a scholarship, you must submit an application for the degree programme using the online application service for international programmes in Sweden at www.universityadmissions.se. The application deadline is normally between October and mid-January: for exact dates, please see the website above.
International scholarships cover either 25 % of tuition fees or 50 % of tuition fees for a degree programme. The scholarships are distributed as follows over a calendar year:
25 % tuition fee coverage:
- 18 scholarships to be awarded for Master’s Programmes in English and Irish Literature, African Studies, Tourism Destination Development, Pre-Master Economics, Business Studies and the Bachelor’s Programme in International Tourism Marketing
- 6 scholarships for the Master’s Programme in Solar Energy Engineering
- 4 scholarships for the Master’s Programme in Business Intelligence
50 % tuition fee coverage:
- 7 scholarships to be awarded for Master’s Programmes in English and Irish Literature, African Studies, Tourism Destination Development, Pre-master Economics, Business Studies and Bachelor’s Programme in International Tourism Marketing
- 4 scholarships for the Master’s Programme in Solar Energy Engineering
- 1 scholarship for the Master’s Programme in Business Intelligence
Benefits and Requirements
- Scholarships cover part of the tuition fee only and will not provide for accommodation, books, travel, or other personal or incidental expenses.
- Tuition fees will be waived in part for successful applicants. Payments are not made to the applicant.
- The award of the scholarship is conditional upon registering on campus in the degree programme for which the award is made.
- The scholarship is valid only for programmes starting during the upcoming academic year and is usually granted for one academic year (two semesters). An extension is possible for programmes that are longer than two semesters provided that study results are satisfactory.
- The award period can neither be altered nor be extended, and awards cannot be used towards or during exchange studies.
Scholarships are available to citizens of all non-EU/EEA countries who are required to pay tuition fees for full-time temporary studies at Dalarna University. However, applicants from the following countries who are eligible for the Swedish Institute scholarships are not eligible to apply for the DU scholarships:
Applicants from these countries may apply for Swedish Institute scholarships: see www.studyinsweden.se.
Applicants from Belarus can find information about the Open Europe Scholarship Scheme at http://oess.eu/en.
Selection and Decision
The Office of Education and Research at DU is responsible for the processing of scholarship applications.
Great emphasis is placed on the applicant’s previous education, references and cover letter. The Vice Chancellor makes the final decision on awards.
Only applicants who have been selected in the first selection round at www.universityadmissions.se may be considered. There is no age limit; however, you are not eligible for the scholarships if you are already studying in the programme in question.
Apply for the Scholarship
The application deadline is March 15. Late entries will be processed in chronological order.
Here you can access the application form.
Supporting Documents for Applications
- Application form including application number from www.universityadmissions.se
- Personal letter
- One reference letter
All registered students are insured by the Swedish State Group Insurance against illness and accident during the scholarship period.
A list of applicants who have been awarded a scholarship will be published on the Dalarna University website.
- Sweden Scholarships | Beasiswa Swedia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, University of Skövde, Sweden
- Avancez Scholarship, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- IPOET Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- PhD Studentship in Muscle Physiology, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Biochemistry, Lund University, Sweden
- PhD in Physical Chemistry, Lund University, Sweden
- PhD Positions in Business Administration, Stockholm University, Sweden
- PhD Scholarship in Analytical Chemistry, Lund University, Sweden