The award is tenable by postgraduate students who are graduates of the University, registered as candidates for an intermediate or higher degree in the University, or will be registered as such in September 2011.
Students who will be entering their 4th year of PhD study in September 2011 will not be eligible to apply. Applicants must normally be graduates of not more than five years’ standing.
The award, which shall not exceed £2,300 per annum, is advertised annually with applications for renewal being considered on an equal footing with new applications.
Applicants should ask two referees to comment on their research proposal. These references should be emailed directly to Liam Forbes. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all references are received by the closing date.
Applicants must also provide the following:
- a dated curriculum vitae
- a statement of financial support currently received or applied for, with an indication of its duration
- an outline of the research being undertaken, current methodology and an explanation of why it is important and original
Your outline should be made available to referees, who will have to comment upon it in their reports to the committee. It should not exceed 1000 words.
Applications should be received by 31 May 2011.
The selection panel may request applicants to meet them and discuss their current and proposed research at a date to be arranged during the summer of 2011.
Any informal enquiries can be made to:
- Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- School of Biological Sciences Taught Postgraduate Bursaries, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Edinburgh Global Master Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- MSc Scholarships in Science Communication and Public Engagement, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Coca-Cola Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- International Scholarships for Master Students, York St John University, UK
- Undergraduate Scholarships 2010/2011, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Arts, Culture and Environment Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Scottish Overseas Research Students Award Scheme (SORSAS), University of Edinburgh, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.