The Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program was established in October 2002 to provide scholarships for high school students (15-17 years of age) from countries with significant Muslim populations, including Indonesia, to spend up to one academic year in the United States. YES students live with host families, attend high school, engage in activities to learn about America, acquire leadership skills, and help educate Americans about their countries and cultures.
In 2007, YES Abroad was established to provide a similar experience for U.S. students (15-18 years of age) in selected YES countries. Yayasan Bina Antarbudaya, along with the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta, manages the YES program in Indonesia. Over 500 Indonesians have participated in this program to date. Check out the YES 2010 send-off video.
The Youth Exchange Program (YES), the one-year exchange Program for high school students in Indonesia, is open for recruitment from March 15 – April 15, 2014.
- Beasiswa / Program Pertukaran Pemuda Antar Negara - Provinsi Jawa Tengah
- International Youth Exchange - Jogjakarta Indonesia
- Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr. Research Fellowships, John F. Kennedy Library Foundation, USA
- Harvard Postdoctoral Position in Science, Technology and Society, Harvard University, USA
- International Scholarship 2010-2011 to Study Bahasa Indonesia
- Gita Wirjawan Graduate Fellowship at the John F Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, USA
- Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship, Harvard University, USA
- Commonwealth Scholarships Program 2010, Australia
- Seoul National University (SNU) Exchange Program - Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM)
- Sciences Po Student Exchange Program - Universitas Gadjah Mada
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.