KGSP Application (University Quota)
- Period: January 28(Mon) ~ March 15(Fri)
- Contact: Mr. Youngguk Cho (The section manager of the office of Graduate School) TEL +82-53-850-5035, FAX+82-53-850-5039, E-mail : email@example.com
- Address : The Office of Graduate School, Daegu University, Jillyang, Gyeongsan, Gyeongbuk 712-714 South Korea
Dormitory Exclusively for Graduate Students
Daegu University offers rooms in the International House exclusively for graduate students in order to enhance their academic achievement and research. All Global Korea Scholarship students may elect to stay in the International House. Currently there are 60 graduate students staying in 30 rooms. Each room is equipped with a washing machine, a refrigerator, a TV and a balcony. There are 15 restaurants available on campus so it is easy for students to find food that suits their taste.
Additional Information (Support for GKS Students)
Daegu University provides it’s full cooperation to the offices charged with offering services for Global Korea Scholarship Students. Through the International Education Support Team and the International Student Services in the Office of International Affairs, Daegu University provides full support to Global Korea Scholarship students including academic counselling, dormitory management, immigration services, life counselling and a variety of other administrative support. As a result, Global Korea Scholarship Students feel less culture shock and are able to enjoy their study abroad experience at Daegu University. Moreover, in the Office of International Affairs and the Graduate School Administration, office members and assistants who can speak English, Chinese, Mongolian, Vietnamese and other languages have been staffed to help students communicate and ensure that they are content in their daily lives.
- Daily living Support: We keep students informed about important information regarding scholarships and their lives in Korea through email and our website. We support students to ease their life and study at Daegu University.
- Academic Counselling : At the completion of their Korean Language program and their entrance to the Graduate School, students are provided with counselling by their advisers and assistants from their department. Daegu University does its best to minimize difficulties students face when it comes to living and studying.
Scholarship and Welfare Support
- Free dormitory accommodation (double occupancy) : Dormitory exclusively for international students (Hotel-like)
- Free modern sports center (golf, swimming, health club, movies etc.)
- In addition to the Global Korea Scholarship, Daegu University offers extra scholarships. Based on students’ academic achievement, the scholarship is offered as follows
- Level A: Published in international academic journals – maximum of 1.5 million won
- Level B: Published in journals evaluated and registered by the National Research Foundation of Korea or awarded international exhibitions - maximum of 700 thousand won
- Level C: A candidate for publication in journals evaluated and registered by the National Research Foundation of Korea or the recipient of an award from a national contest -maximum of 500 thousand won
- Level D: Published in international or national general journals - maximum of 300 thousand won
- Level E: Presenting at international or national academic conferences - maximum of 200 thousand won
Assistance Adapting to Life in Korea and Korean Cultural Experience Programs
- Academic orientation for new students
- A number of cultural experience programs for Global Korea Scholarship. Students such as exploring cultural sites, visiting staff members’ homes, visiting secondary schools to promote their own countries, a Dokdo speech contests, a Korean speech contests, a university festival, a food festival. As a result of partaking in the programs, students can understand Korean culture better and more easily adapt to their daily lives in korea. Time: 1 or 2 weeks during the summer or winter vacation. During the semester, during the same period as the cultural tour programs
- Korean (or international scholarship student) mentor selection : Daegu University professors, staff or students who are culturally sensitive may be selected as mentors for international students. Any international student who is interested can have a mentor assigned.
- Counselling training for mentors : To better understand international students and to give them a helpful hand, Daegu University offers mentors counselling skills training with help from the Daegu University Student Life Counselling Center. Mentors are periodically offered training to be better mentors (mentors are given incentives.)
Other management and support programs
Daegu University runs a variety of events for international students such as a buddy program, sports meetings for international students, International Students’ Night and regular social gatherings.
Academic support for graduate programs
- Before entering graduate programs students are offered personalized support through interviews with advisers to evaluate their linguistic abilities and preparation for study.
- At the beginning of each semester we provide guidance for students’ academic pursuits and thesis preparation to ensure a smooth graduation process.
Important notes for applicants
When using Korean domestic mail service, the application materials should be post marked by 17:00 on the day of the application deadline (documents must be sent using express registered mail). For international mail, documents should arrive before the deadline.
Please be aware of the following before submitting your application documents:
- All documents for submission must be originals. All documents not written in English or Korean, must be translated and notarized. A copy of the applicant‘s diploma certified by the university he/she graduated from may be submitted in place of the original.
- In addition to the documents required by the NIIED, a certificate showing the relationship between the applicant and his/her parents should be included (this should include information about the nationalities of the parents)
Address: Daegu University Graduate School, Jillyang, Gyeongsan, Gyeongbuk 712-714
For more information on scholarships, please read: Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for International Graduate Students
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kyungpook National University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Keimyung University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships - Korea University
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Myongji University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Sun Moon University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Jeju National University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kongju National University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Hannam University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kangwon National University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kumoh National Institute of Technology, Korea