KGSP Application (University Quota)
Period: January 28(Mon) ~ March 19(Tue)
1 Hallymdaehak-gil, Chuncheon. Gangwon-do 200-702, Korea
Why Hallym University?
- Small but Great University! (Ranked 19th in the nation and 100th in Asia in 2012 by Chosun Daily, QS Asian University Rankings)
- Excellent Faculty and Educational Program (Honored as the nation’s top 11 “Best Teaching University” by The Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology in 2010)
- The largest medical institution in Korea, consisting of 6 general hospitals with 4,000 patient beds & 600 medical professors
- A top-notch library, selected as “the Best University Library” in Korea in 2010
- Located in Chuncheon, a city of beautiful nature, selected as one of the best cities to live in Korea and only 1 hour away from Seoul, one of the most vibrant metropolises in the world
- The cost of living in Chuncheon is much cheaper than in Seoul
- Available for all the international students who wish to live!
- 8 dorms on campus can accommodate approx. 2,700 students.
- You can reside in Hallym International Dormitory(HID) where you can meet kind and open-minded Korean students who want to learn more about your cultures.
- Convenient Facilities. Kitchens, Prayer Room, Gyms, Yoga Studio, Auditorium, Seminar Rooms, Lounges, Reading Rooms, Internet Cafes, Laundry Rooms, Restaurants, Convenient Stores, Cafeterias, etc
Student Meal and Costs
- 2 Student Restaurants & 1 Faculty Restaurant
- Costs: KRW 2,100~ KRW 3,500 (Very resonable prices, compared to off-campus restaurants)
- Various food menus such as Korean, Chinese, Western, etc.
- Reliable food companies(Ourhome, Samsung Everland) manage the restaurants.
Various Programs for International Students
- Hallym provides 24-hour student care system and professional counseling service from professional counsellors.
- Plenty of events to learn more about Korea (Korean cultural experience trip, International Culture & Food Day, Korean Thanksgiving Party, K-Pop Concert, etc)
- Buddy Program : Hallym Buddies are student volunteers to help international students adjust well to Korea and Hallym University.
Key Facilities in Hallym University
- Ilsong Memorial Library: The library has state-of-the-art facilities with more than 640,000 books and 35,000 non-book materials.
- Ilsong Art Hall: It is fully-equipped with cutting-edge broadcasting equipments for education and various performances.
- Healthcare Center: It provides free treatment for minor ailments and vaccinations.
- Chuncheon Sacred Heart Hospital: It provides high quality medical services to patients at its 29 departments, specialized centers and clinics.
- Sports Facilities: Golf range, Ping-pong room, Basketball court, Tennis court, Soccer field, etc
- Amenities: Convenient stores, Bookstore, Coffee shops, Stationery store, Barber shop, etc
Institute of Global Education
- The only TOPIK Test Center in Gangwon Province
- Operates Intensive Korean Language courses
- Operates foreign language courses(English, Chinese, etc)
- Operates English Writing Center, English Clinic
Address: 1 Hallymdaehak-gil, Chuncheon, Gangwon-do 200-702, Korea
For more information on scholarships, please read: Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for International Graduate Students
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships - Korea University
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Myongji University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Sun Moon University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Jeju National University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kongju National University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Hannam University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kangwon National University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kumoh National Institute of Technology, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, University of Seoul, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Sung Kyun Kwan University, Korea