KGSP Application (University Quota)
Period: 2013.2.1. ~ 3.15
Contact: Seon-Jeong Lee (Tel:+82-41-560-2503, firstname.lastname@example.org)
The KOREATECH campus is located in Byeongcheon, near the city of Cheonan. From KOREATECH, Seoul(South Korea’s capital and largest city)is easily reached by bus and takes 1 hour. Also KOREATECH offers a number of daily shuttle busses to and from Cheonan and Seoul.
How to get to KOREATECH
- By Bus. From the International Airport, take a bus to Cheonan and get off at and Cheonan Bus Terminal, then take a bus or taxi to KOREATECH (app. 20km, 20,000 Korean won)
- By Express train (KTX). Take KTX train and get off at Cheonan-Asan Station, then take a taxi (app. 20km, 20,000 Korean won)
- By Train/Subway/Express Bus/Intercity Bus. Get off at Cheonan Station then take a bus (No.400, app.40 minutes) or a taxi (app. 17Km, fare 15,000won) to KOREATECH.
- By Car. Take the Gyeongbu Express Highway and exit through Mokcheon Toll Gate, turn right and proceed straight for 5km.
- Five general dormitory buildings (main corridor, shared shower and toilets)
- One studio-type dormitory building (room with individual shower and toilet)
- One apartment-type dormitory building (3 to 4 rooms for 2 to 3 persons per unit)
- One English-only Dormitory building (same as apartment-type dorms, English spoken) Approximately 70% of all students live in our dormitories.
- Cafeterias. Three cafeterias are available on KOREATECH campus (Student Cafeteria, Snack Bar, Faculty Cafeteria) and the price of the meals range between 2,500~4,000 won depending on menu item/cafeteria.
- Sports Facilities. Sports facilities on campus include outdoor and indoor gymnasium, squash rooms, fitness center, table-tennis rooms, among others
- Convenience Facilities. KOREATECH convenience facilities on campus include banks, kiosks, coffee shops, optician, bookstore, hair salon, public health center, among others.
- Library. The Dasan Information Center of KOREATECH which takes its theme from Dasan, Jeong Yak-yong one of the greatest Realist Confucianism scholars of the Chosun period, is a cutting-edge facility with 20,000 books. The library has a special hall for various books on vocational training and specialty publications.
Life on Campus
- Student ID Card. In general, all international students are required to carry with them at all time an alien registration card registered at the Immigration Office according to the Immigration Act. On campus, international students will be issued student ID cards that are used to enter dormitories and classrooms, kiosks, coffee shops, campus bus, borrowing books and used as debit cards, among others.
- Student Clubs. Some 60 students clubs are available on campus, covering various sports, leisure, culture and arts, religious and volunteer services, as well as various academic fields. The clubs are also open to international students.
- Major Events on Campus. Exciting activities take place on campus including the Hanmaek Festival, a cultural festival organized by the Student Union and Student Clubs in May every year and Wuijuin, an academic festival held in October. During the academic festival period, graduates display their year-long work in an exhibition. Furthermore, various events take place around the dormitories, such as the festival â Resident Student Nightâ organized by the individual dormitory councils, and various sports games and competitions led by Student clubs take place on the campus that add to the dynamic spirit on campus.
KOREATECH (Korea University of Technology and Education)
Address: 1600 Chungjeol-ro, Byeongcheon-myeon, Dongnam-gu, Cheonan City,
Chungnam Province 330-708 Republic of Korea
For more information on scholarships, please read: Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for International Graduate Students
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Myongji University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships - Korea University
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kumoh National Institute of Technology, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Seoul National University of Science & Technology (SeoulTech), Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Sun Moon University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Jeju National University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kongju National University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Hannam University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Pusan National University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships - Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)