This fellowship is awarded to researchers and graduate students studying Korean Studies subjects and other persons professionally engaged in Korea-related activities who wish to have an opportunity to take a language immersion program and learn Korean in a systematic manner at a university in Korea.
Persons who are engaged in Korea-related research within the context of humanities or social science studies or persons who are professionally involved in Korea-related activities and who also correspond to one of the following profiles:
- Undergraduates: Undergraduate students in colleges located in Eastern Europe, the Middle East or Southeast Asia who are studying the Korean Language as a major or minor;
- MA or PhD candidates: Graduate students pursuing a Korea-related degree as a major or minor;
- University faculties and researchers: Professors, lecturers and researchers who are teaching Korea-related courses or Korean language courses, or who are conducting Korea-related research at a university or research institution; or
- Professionals: Professionals engaged in Korea-related activities in the fields of arts and culture.
Important Reminders to Applicants
- Applicants are expected to have a basic understanding of the Korean language and a certain level of command of it (priority consideration is given to applicants with an intermediate level of proficiency).
- Applications from Koreans overseas are considered only if they are permanent residents of a foreign country.
Persons corresponding to any of the following profiles will not be considered for the fellowship:
- Persons already studying or conducting research in Korea;
- Persons planning to enroll in a degree program in a Korean higher education institution; or
- Persons having received the Fellowship for Korean Language study in the last two years.
- Doctoral & Postdoctoral Fellowship, Korea Foundation
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Chung-Ang University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Chonbuk National University, Korea
- Master Degree Scholarships from KT&G Foundation, Yonsei University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kyungpook National University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Pukyong National University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Yeungnam University, Korea
- Korean Government Invitation Program for Undergraduate Student from Major Partner Country
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Hanyang University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Sun Moon University, Korea
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
For more information, please visit official website: www.kf.or.kr.