KSP Student Excellence Scholarship – 2014
For the Study of the Arab World and the Gulf Region
The Kuwait Program at Sciences Po (KSP) is a partnership between Sciences Po and the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS). Working together, the two institutions are supporting research and teaching in the social sciences and the humanities with special emphasis on the study of the Arab World and the Gulf Region.
The KSP Excellence Scholarship program supports the next generation of leaders and experts on the Arab World and the Gulf Region. KSP offers scholarships to graduate students admitted to Sciences Po and enrolled in master’s programs related to this field of study. Every year multiple scholarships of up to 10,000 Euros each will be awarded on the basis of the candidates’ excellent academic record and project at Sciences Po.
- Candidates of all nationalities may apply.
- Eligible candidates are students admitted to the Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA) for the 2014 intake, on the following master’s programs:
- Students admitted to one of PSIA’s master’s programs and committed to enroll in the Concentration in Middle Eastern Studies
- Students admitted to the Master in International Energy at PSIA
- Students applying to a dual degree program are not eligible.
- Important: Please note that an application to the KSP Excellence Scholarship does not constitute an application to Sciences Po. All applicants must first complete an application for admission to Sciences Po and ensure that they have submitted it successfully. If this first stage is not completed, the application for the KSP Excellence Scholarship will not be considered. Please visit the Sciences Po Admissions website for more information.
Multiple scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis in 2014-2015.
Each recipient is awarded up to 10,000 Euros per year. The scholarship is offered for two years of study (up to 20,000 Euros total), on condition of completing the scholarship requirements.
In principle, the scholarship goes towards covering tuition fees.
Requirements and conditions
The KSP Excellence Scholarship is given to recipients based on the following conditions:
- The scholarship is valid for the 2 years of study on condition of sufficient academic performance (top 50% of class by the end of the first year). Students who do not meet this requirement will have their scholarship withdrawn in the second year.
- The scholarship is dependent on the recipients following the same course of study for 2 years. A change in Master or concentration will lead to the withdrawal of the scholarship in the second year.
Please note that the scholarship is offered for the 2014-2015 academic year only and may not be deferred.
To apply, please send the following materials by email to the KSP Assistant, Heather Clarke, at: email@example.com with ‘KSP Excellence Scholarship Application 2014’ in the subject line.
- For all applicants:
- CV in English
- Cover letter in English of 1000 words (indicating which program at PSIA you are applying for) addressed to the members of the joint selection committee
- Release form
- For applicants coming from Sciences Po’s Undergraduate College only, in addition to the two above-mentioned items (CV and cover letter), please also provide:
- Copy of the official academic transcripts for the entire length of your time in higher education (including periods spent abroad on exchange programs).
- Two letters of reference from professors, written in English. To ensure confidentiality, these letters should be sent by the professors directly to the KSP Assistant by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline to apply is February 4th, 2014.
- Results will be announced by March 31st, 2014.
- Students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The 2014 Sciences Po admissions campaign begins in October 2013.
- Kuwait Program at Sciences Po — Paris School of International Affairs
- Sciences Po Admissions
- Scholarship inquiries: email@example.com
- More information on other KSP opportunities for students and faculty
For more information, please visit official website: www.sciencespo.fr.
- Hermes Fellowships for Postdoctoral Student in Humanities and Social Sciences, France
- Ampère Excellence Scholarships, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon, France
- Master and Doctorate Scholarship in Various Program, BGF Scholarship, France
- French Embassy Cotutelle Travel Grant, France - Australia
- France Scholarships | Beasiswa Perancis
- Master and PhD Full Scholarships by French Government for Indonesian Citizens
- TOTAL Summer School & TOTAL Group Scholarship, France
- Master Scholarships of the “Mathematics for Life Sciences” (Master2 MathSV), France
- Undergraduate Scholarship in Arts and History, Kenza Foundation, France
- Master Scholarships in Mathematics, Jacques Hadamard Mathematics Foundation, France
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.