The UIC Office of International Services is pleased to offer the Laurette Kirstein Scholarship for the Fall 2013-Spring 2014 academic year. Five awards of $5,000 each (in the form of student account credit for tuition, books, living expenses) will be offered to international students who display academic excellence and meet the following requirements:
- An international student* currently enrolled full-time at UIC pursuing either an undergraduate or graduate degree
- A minimum UIC cumulative GPA of 3.5/4.0
- Must have completed at least one semester of coursework at UIC at the time of application
*The term “international student” encompasses any student enrolled at UIC who is neither a U.S. citizen nor a permanent resident, who holds a valid non-immigrant visa status, and is maintaining his/her status. In addition to those individuals who entered the U.S. on student visas, this population includes students in dependent status who are eligible to enroll full-time in an academic program.
Applicants must submit the following documents to have a complete application:
- Application Form - The application includes a brief description of your financial situation and a personal statement.
- Two letters of recommendation – Letters from UIC faculty and staff members are preferred. All letters should address your scholastic and professional abilities and should not come from family or friends. Letters can be mailed directly to the address below, emailed to email@example.com, handed in by the applicant or attached to the electronic application form.
Applications missing one of the above components will be considered incomplete, and will not advance in the competition.
Please note that if you are selected as an award recipient, funds will be distributed directly to your student account during the Fall 2013 – Spring 2014 academic year. Funding will be applied directly to your student account if you have a remaining balance. If you do not have a remaining balance, the award will be directly deposited into your bank account that is connected to your student account.
All applications are due on Friday March 15th, 2013 to the Office of International Services (MC 326), Suite 2160, Student Services Building (SSB).
For more information, please contact: Office of International Services, 2160 Student Services Building (MC 326), (312) 996-3121, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- United Negro College Fund (UNCF) City of Chicago Scholarship, USA
- Robert L Platzman Memorial Fellowships, University of Chicago, USA
- Triangle Achievement Award, USA
- Doctoral Fellowship Program in Law and Social Science by American Bar Foundation, USA
- Sampoerna Foundation Overseas MBA Scholarship 2010, Indonesia
- Government Finance Professional Development Scholarship, USA - Canada
- Postdoctoral Fellowships in Computational Science or Engineering, Argonne National Laboratory, USA
- PhD Studentships in Molecular Dynamics and/or Monte-Carlo Simulations of an Ion-channel, University of Warwick, UK
- Postdoctoral Fellowships in Computational Science at Argonne, USA
- Master Scholarships in Particle Physics at Université Blaise Pascal, Clermont-Ferrand, France