Getty Library Research Grants provide partial, short-term support for costs relating to travel and living expenses to scholars whose research requires use of specific collections housed in the Getty Research Institute. A Library Research Grant is not a prerequisite for obtaining access to the Research Library.
Library Research Grants are intended for scholars of all nationalities and at any level who demonstrate a compelling need to use materials housed in the Research Library, and whose place of residence is more than eighty miles from the Getty Center. Projects must relate to specific items in the library collection.
Library Research Grants are intended to provide partial support for costs relating to travel and living expenses. Grants range from $500 to $2,500, depending on the distance traveled. The research period may range from several days to a maximum of three months, but must take place between February 15, 2014, and January 15, 2015. These terms apply as of June 2012 and are subject to future changes.
- Getty Scholar Grants, The Getty Foundation, USA
- Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr. Research Fellowships, John F. Kennedy Library Foundation, USA
- Mazda Foundation Research Grants, Australia
- The McKesson Foundation Healthcare Scholarships, USA
- PhD Scholarships in Interdisciplinary Research, Ruhr-University Research School, Germany
- POSCO TJ Park Foundation Research Grants for Asian Studies, Korea
- Mendel Fellowships, The Lilly Library of Indiana University, USA
- Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
- Robert L Platzman Memorial Fellowships, University of Chicago, USA
- Master & PhD Scholarships, Graduate Institute, Geneva, Switzerland
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
For more information, please visit official website: www.getty.edu.