Ohio Northern University invites highly qualified lawyers from across the globe with a strong commitment to advancing democratic principles and rule of law to share in our LL.M. experience. While our focus is on lawyers from transitional democracies, we also welcome lawyers from developed democracies who share the commitment to the rule of law and would like to advance their understanding and qualifications for international democracy and governance reform.
Admission is open to lawyers with two to five years of experience in the public or non-profit (NGO) sector who are working on governance and rule of law issues. For those applicants who are not native English speakers, or who have not received a significant portion of their education in English, a PBT TOEFL score of 600 or higher, a CBT TOEFL score of 250 or higher an IBT TOEFL score of 100 or higher, or an IELTS score of 7.0 or higher is required.
Additional criteria include a recognized law degree, admission to the bar, and recommendations (including those from employers and U.S. foreign aid offices and contractors). The personal statement from the applicant will also be weighed heavily. An interview, either in person with one of our faculty and staff or by telephone, is also required.
The primary goal of the LL.M. program is to provide young lawyers committed to public service with the benefits of a study program not otherwise available to them for financial reasons. However, the College of Law also offers the benefits of the program to a limited number of young lawyers with resources to finance all or part of their own education. Below is a description of the program’s levels of financial support.
- BA International Honours Scholarship, University of St Andrews, Scotland UK
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Scholarship, University of St Andrews, Scotland UK
- University of Ulster Santander Scholarships, UK
- The Computer Science STEM Scholarship (CSS), Franklin University, USA
- Undergraduate Scholarships, Özyegin University, Turkey
- Katholischer Akademischer Ausländer-Dienst (KAAD) Scholarship Program 1, Germany
- Beasiswa Van Deventer-Maas Stichting - Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB)
- European Master on Software Engineering (EMSE), Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- PhD Scholarship in Computational Electrocatalysis, Technical University of Denmark
- PhD Scholarship in Sea Level Changes from Satellite Altimetry, Technical University of Denmark
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
For more information, please visit official website: llm.onu.edu.