UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST LOTUS SCHOLARSHIP POLICY 2014-2015
Important Note: The Lotus Scholarship may be used to attend University of the West and is not transferable to another institution. Please read about University of the West and its programs on our Web site before applying. In particular, please view our available academic programs, admissions requirements, and the university’s Catalog.
- Lotus Gold Scholarship – International ($10,000): For international students
- Lotus Gold Scholarship – Domestic ($10,000): For domestic students
- Lotus Silver Scholarship – Domestic ($5000): For domestic students
- Lotus Gold Scholarship – Fo Guang ($10,000): For Students recommended by the Fo Guang Shan or another organized religious order
- Lotus Silver Scholarship - Fo Guang ($5000): For Students recommended by the Fo Guang Shan or another organized religious order
Terms of Scholarship:
The Scholarship is initially awarded for one academic year beginning in Fall Semester. Renewal of the Scholarship is possible, but not guaranteed, depending on the student’s performance and funding availability.
- The maximum renewable term is three years for four-year undergraduate students, and one to two years for undergraduate transfer students and students entering UWest’s Master’s degree programs.
Disbursement of the Scholarship award will be made in two installments, the first in Fall Semester and the second in Spring Semester. The funds will be applied directly to the student’s account. The Bursar’s Office will issue a stipend check if a student has a credit balance in his or her student account after the add/drop date of each semester.
- The Scholarship is available to new students seeking either Bachelor’s degrees or Master’s degrees at UWest. PhD students, ESL students or students seeking certificates only are not eligible for this Scholarship.
- Previous recipients of the Scholarship, who meet the maintaining requirements (see below) are also eligible to reapply.
- Priority Deadline (for new applicants): Application must be post-marked by February 15, 2014. Students will be notified of the scholarship result by May 1, 2013.
- Secondary Deadline (for both new and returning applicants): Application must be post-marked by April 1, 2014. Students will be notified of the scholarship result by June 1, 2013.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all application materials and supporting documents are submitted on time.
Application and Required Documents:
For new applicants, the Lotus Scholarship Application must be submitted together with the Application for Admission to the University by the deadlines indicated above. Lotus Scholarship Applications that do not include the Application for Admission will not be considered. The Lotus Scholarship Application must include the following documents:
- Completed and signed Application for Admission form, including requisite documents, essays, transcripts, letters of recommendation and other requested materials.
- Completed and signed UWest Financial Aid Application form;
- Completed and signed UWest International Supplemental Application for Financial Aid; (International applicants only)
- A copy of Official Transcript (in English) of the highest education;
- A copy of official TOEFL or IELTS score report. (First time international applicants only)
For more information, please visit official website: www.uwest.edu.
- International Ambassador Scholarships, University of West London, UK
- Edith Cowan University South West Campus Scholarship, Australia
- Global Student Scholarship, University of the West of England, UK
- Chancellor’s Scholarship, University of the West of England, UK
- PhD Studentships at University of the West of England, UK
- Millennium Development Scholarship, University of the West of England, UK
- Justice Malek Ahmad Scholarship, University of the West of England, UK
- Lotus, Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for South-East Asian Students to Europe
- Graduate Degree Fellowships, East-West Center, University of Hawaii, USA
- MSc in Transport Planning Scholarships, University of the West of England, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.