In order to be eligible to be considered for these scholarships, you must:
- have applied, and received an offer, for a place in the School of History
- have supplied us with copies of transcripts from previous degrees and one academic reference by the deadline in late June 2011
- have fulfilled our entry requirements before official acceptance of any scholarship
- be starting your course in the next academic year (2011/12)
- not already have an MA in History
We aim to process your application for a place on a course as soon as possible which is usually within 2-4 weeks of receipt. However, during our busiest times (April-June), this process can take up to 6 weeks. Please bear these timescales in mind when seeking scholarships because you need to have received your offer of a place on a course before scholarship panels meet. Ensuring you provide all relevant documents will help us process your application according to these timescales.
How to apply for our scholarships
You are automatically considered for the above school scholarships when you apply to study here - there is no separate application process, however please note the eligibility requirements above.
If you have any enquires please contact Postgraduate Enquiries or telephone 0113 34 33610.
How we award the scholarships
All the scholarships offered within the School will be allocated by our Scholarships Panel according to the following academic criteria:
- Overall degree average (both at undergraduate and masters level for PhD applicants)
- ‘Exit velocity’ on previous degree courses (how you improved from year to year)
- Performance in research-based pieces of coursework (e.g. dissertations) and/or research methodology courses
- Evidence of strong project management skills and an aptitude for time management on independent research projects
- Academic references
Scholarship winners and reserve candidates will be contacted in July 2011.
For more information, please visit official website: www.leeds.ac.uk.
- Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships 2010 for International Students, University of Leeds, UK
- POLIS International Scholarship, School of Politics and International Studies, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships, School of History, University of Leeds, UK
- International Excellence Scholarships, Faculty of Engineering, University of Leeds, UK
- Fully Funded Research Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- PhD Scholarships, School of History, University of Leeds, UK
- Beresford MA Scholarships, School of History, University of Leeds, UK
- MA Scholarships in Modern History, University of Kent, Paris
- Graduate Scholarships in Economic History, St Cross College, University of Oxford, UK