The School of Journalism, Media and Communication wishes to appoint two studentships for MA (by Research). The studentships are tenable for up to 1 year [subject to satisfactory progress]. The studentship will cover the cost of tuition fees for UK/EU residents. The successful applicants will start on 1 January 2012. International applicants may apply but will be expected to pay the difference between the UK/EU and International Fee Rate.
The School would like to invite research proposals (up to a maximum of 2000 words) in the following areas:
- Modern and Contemporary English poetry
- American Literature and Culture
- Anglo-Irish Literature
- The Renaissance
You will require the ability to conduct sustained independent research. A good first degree (2:1 or above) in English literature or related subject in the field of cultural studies.
Informal enquiries about the posts can be made to Professor Will Kaufman (firstname.lastname@example.org), Tel: 01772 893035 or Dr Tom Day (email@example.com), Tel 01772 893039
Requests for an application pack (quoting the reference number RS1039) should be directed to the Graduate Research School Office. Tel: 01772 895082 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 5 September 2011
Provisional Interview Date: 4 October 2011
- PhD Studentship in Occupational Epidemiology, University of Central Lancashire, UK
- PhD Studentships in Film and Media, Bradford Media School, University of Bradford, UK
- International PhD Scholarship, Lancashire Law School, University of Central Lancashire, UK
- International PhD Scholarship in Medicine and Dentistry, University of Central Lancashire, UK
- PhD Studentships in Media Studies, University of Sunderland, UK
- International PhD Scholarships in Electronic & Digital Art, University of Central Lancashire, UK
- PhD Scholarships “Women in Education, Faith Schools”, University of Central Lancashire, UK
- Reham al-Farra International Scholarship in Journalism, Bournemouth University, UK
- Master Scholarships in Journalism, Cardiff University, UK
- Career Development Fellow in Media and Democracy, University of Oxford, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.