Maastricht University aims to further strengthen its position as a leading European university offering high-quality education with an international orientation. To this end, the university implements a pro-active recruitment policy for international students, in particular for the Master’s programmes. Scholarships are made available by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund in order to encourage talented students from outside the EU/EEA to follow a Master’s programme at Maastricht University. One of these scholarships is the Maastricht University High Potential scholarship.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must be admissible for a master’s programme or graduate programme for professionals at Maastricht University and must not be older than 35 years at the start of the academic year. You may apply simultaneously for a master’s programme and this scholarship.
Scholarship applicants must have obtained excellent results in their previous studies. This must be shown in the application file by including, for example, grade lists or reference letters. In case of equivalent qualification, preference will be given to applications, which show that the applicant is among the top 5%.
Applicants must come from a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
Duration of the High Potential scholarship
The High Potential scholarship is awarded for the duration of the Master’s programme, with a maximum of 12 months. In case of a two-year Master’s programme, the Scholarship Committee will award the scholarship for a maximum of 24 months.
Amount of the High Potential scholarship programme
- Living expenses per month € 765
- Insurance max. € 520 arranged and paid by Scholarship Office
- Visa Costs max. € 300 arranged and paid by Scholarship Office
- Tuition fee max. € 14.000 arranged and paid by Scholarship Office
Please note: this is not a full scholarship. For studying in the Netherlands, you have to prove to Dutch immigration that you have the amount of € 830 per month, with this scholarship you still need to prove an additional amount of € 65 per month by yourself! For more information about this, please contact the Visa Office.
Application and selection
Students can download the application form here. Applications must be sent to Maastricht University. On the section Application and Selection, you can find information about how to send in the application form. The application procedure and the application deadline differ per faculty. Here you can find the deadline of the faculty of your choice!
For the scholarship assessment, the Scholarship Committee takes all elements of the application into account, including the level of previous study programmes, academic excellence, motivation, status of the home institution, the connection with the prior study programme, future career plans and references.
Please check the Maastricht University High Potential Scholarship Terms and Conditions before applying.
- University College Maastricht (UCM) Scholarships, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Complete List of Dutch Institutions Offering PhD Studies
- Océ Scholarship for Master Students, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Ursula Glunk Scholarship, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- SABIC Scholarships for Master Students, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships in Mass Communication and Information Science, Netherlands
- PhD in Social Sciene for Indonesian Student, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships in Service, Tourism & Leisure, Netherlands
- PhD & Postdoctoral Positions in Neuroimaging, Europe
- School of Business and Economics (SBE) non-EU Scholarship, Maastricht University, Netherlands
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.