In order to increase the capacity and quality of research, Faculty of Computer Science University of Indonesia, providing the opportunity for the academic year 2010/11 to a scholarship program graduate studies level S2 (Master of Computer Science/MIK) and S3 (Doctorate of Computer Science/DIK) as a Research Assistant (research assistant).
The requirements are as follows:
1. Prospective scholarship recipients must follow the procedures for admission as a student S2 (MIK) or S3 (DIK) according to the rules at the University of Indonesia (SIMAK UI).
2. Prospective scholarship recipients must have a Bachelor Degree (for S2 program MIK) or Master (for the S3 program DIK) from any academic institutions that have excellent reputation in the field of computer science, informatics, electronics, mathematics, or other computational sciences, with a GPA of at least 3:00. Bachelor graduates with a brilliant performance and a minimum GPA of 3:50 can also apply directly to the S3 program DIK.
3. Scholarship recipients will get exemption from payment of fees DP (1st semester: to MIK Rp 6 million, to DIK for USD 10 million) and BOP (every semester: to MIK is Rp 8.5 million, to DIK for USD 12.5 million). In addition, scholarship recipients will also receive a monthly living cost allowance of Rp 1.5 million / month (S2) or Rp 2 million / month (S3). For students MIK, this support is given for 3 (three) semesters, while for students DIK, this support is given for 6 (six) semesters.
4. In addition to their Graduate studies, scholarship recipients will be contracted to work as a Research Assistant with part-time work load, which the scholarship recipient must support research activities in one of 8 research lab in the Faculty of Computer Science University of Indonesia:
- Computational Intelligence, Pattern Recognition & Image Processing
- Computer Networks, Architecture & High Performance Computing
- Digital Libraries & Distance Learning
- Enterprise Computing
- Formal Methods in Software Engineering
- IT Governance
- Information Retrieval
5. Scholarship recipients must produce at least 1 (one) international journal publications based on research activities carried out.
6. Scholarship recipients do not have work commitments outside the University of Indonesia Faculty of Computer Science during receiving scholarship support.
7. After graduation, scholarship recipients are willing to work in the Faculty of Computer Science University of Indonesia for a at least during receiving the scholarship.
To register, candidates must complete and return the scholarship application form along with the trimmings via email to mardiah.umar[at]gmail.com most late Friday, April 30, 2010. At the same time, candidates still must follow the admissions procedure through the website http://penerimaan.ui.ac.id. For MIK and DIK program, this scholarship program participants can follow the second test that will be opened around June 2010.
Application deadline: April 30, 2010
For more information about this scholarship program, please contact:
Dr. Wisnu Jatmiko (wisnuj[at]cs.ui.ac.id) or Dr. Ruli Manurung (maruli[at]cs.ui.ac.id).
- PhD Positions in Operations Research and Business Statistics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- PhD Research Assistant, Faculty of Business and Economics, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Doctoral Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Research Assistant in Blended Learning, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Master and PhD Full Scholarships by French Government for Indonesian Citizens
- International Doctoral Scholarships in Engineering, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate Program (EMJD) 2010-2013, Europe
- Bachelor, Master, Doctoral and Postdoctoral Scholarships for Indonesian Students by Russian Federation Government
- Master and PhD Scholarships in Neuroscience, University of Tuebingen, Germany
- KSP Student Scholarships, Sciences Po, France