Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is one of Australia`s most valuable players in research and provides quality assured research solutions for industry, government, and the non-profit and community sectors.
QUT`s Faculty of Built Environment and Engineering plays a key role in national centres of excellence in integrated engineering asset management, rail technologies, spatial information, and automotive technologies. It also leads major national and international research projects in aviation, renewable energy and energy distribution.
QUT invites applications from outstanding engineering graduates around the globe for two-year masters or three-year PhD scholarships. The successful applicants will commence their candidature in the 2010 academic year to work alongside world-class experts in some of Australia`s leading cooperative research centres and institutions.
Postgraduate research degrees are offered in Master of Engineering (Research), Master of Applied Science (Research) and Doctor of Philosophy (Built Environment and Engineering). Our faculty offers a number of full tuition and living allowance scholarships to assist our international and domestic research students undertaking a PhD or research masters.
Research scholarship opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Complex Urban Systems Design
- Orthopaedics and Trauma
- Intelligent Transport
After the completion of a QUT research degree, PhD candidates are comprehensively prepared to enter a competitive labour market with practical and academic competence and high employability.
Learn more about our research areas by visiting: www.bee.qut.edu.au/research
Details of the scholarship
The living allowance stipend is $20,000 per annum, tax exempt for three years. International students who are offered the scholarship will also be considered for a tuition fee waiver scholarship.
To be considered, candidates will require a first-class honours or second-class division A honours degree, an appropriate masters degree (research or coursework) or a professional doctorate from a recognised institution. Masters degrees by coursework and professional doctorates must contain a significant research component (no less than 33 per cent of the total degree) or significant publications records.
Applications close on Friday, 23 April 2010.
For more information, please contact
Scholarships Officer for QUT`s Faculty of Built Environment and Engineering (Research Portfolio) on
+61 7 3138 8033 or +61 7 3138 1424 or
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Postgraduate Scholarships, University of Southern Queensland, Australia
- Vice-Chancellor’s Research Fellowships, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Queensland, Australia
- PhD Scholarship in Physics, University of Queensland, Australia
- UQ Science International Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Queensland, Australia
- UQ Science International Postgraduate Scholarships, University of Queensland, Australia
- MBA Scholarships, University of Queensland, Australia
- Master of Biotechnology by Coursework Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia
- Undergraduate Scholarships from PT Thiess Contractors Indonesia
- La Trobe Business School Master of Management Scholarship, La Trobe University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.