A number of fully funded PhD and Masters studentships are available within the Joint Postgraduate Program in Mathematical Science of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), Campus Morelia, and the Michoacan University of San Nicolas of Hidalgo.
The PhD studentships are tenable for up to 3 years and have a stipend of 10,342 Mexican Pesos per month (816 US Dollars, equivalent to six Mexican minimum wages). The Masters studentships are tenable for up to 2 years and have a stipend of 7,757 Mexican Pesos per month (612 US Dollars, equivalent to four and a half Mexican minimum wages). Health coverage will be provided by the Mexican social security system.
Applicants should have or expect to gain a university degree in Mathematics or related discipline with an average of 8 or higher on a 10 point scale. Non-Spanish speakers are expected to become proficient in Spanish within two years.
The preferred starting date is 16th August 2010. Deadline for applications is 21st May 2010. The entrance exam is scheduled for 5th June 2010. Foreign students are required to arrange for a faculty member to supervise the exam at their home institution.
A complete application includes a covering letter addressed to the Comité Académico del Posgrado en Matemáticas specifying contact details, CV, copies of university degrees, a copy of an identity document (passport, driving licence, etc), and contact details of two academic referees. Applications should be send electronically to email@example.com.
For informal enquiries, please contact Dr. Elmar Wagner,
phone: +52 443 322 3500, ext. 4127,
- Master & PhD Scholarships in Mathematical Science, National Autonomous University of Mexico
- PhD Studentships in Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), Oxford Brookes University, UK
- PhD Studentships in Behaviour, Choices and Markets, University of Aberdeen, UK
- Erasmus Mundus Master Scholarships in Mathematics for Europeans, Europe
- Erasmus Mundus Master Scholarships, Mathematical Modelling in Engineering, Europe
- PhD Studentships in the Field of Ecology of Infections, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Mathematical Linguistics Scholarship, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
- PhD Studentships in the Biomolecular Electronics Research Laboratory, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
- PhD Stipend in Mathematics and Physics, Aalborg University, Denmark
- PhD Student in Mathematics, University of Luxembourg
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.