The KT&G Foundation offers scholarships to the Turkish, Iranian, Russian, Kazakhstani, Indonesian students who seek a master’s degree at the Graduate School of International Studies (GSIS) of Yonsei University:
Eligibility and Conditions
- Degree: A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree.
- Age : No limit
- Health: Applicants must be in both sound physical and mental health.
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants must possess strong English language proficiency (Recommended score of TOEFL CBT 237 (IBT 93/PBT 580), IELTS 6.5 or above).
- Arrival in Korea: Scholarship recipients must arrive in Korea by February 23, 2010 and must attend the new student orientation program on February 24, 2010 at Yonsei GSIS.
- Application Period: All necessary documents must be submitted to the Yonsei GSIS office between September 1, 2009 ~ November 30, 2009. All original documents should arrive at the GSIS office by this date.
Terms of Fellowship
The scholarship covers a maximum of 24 months (2 years), from March 2010 to February 2012. Students must maintain a GPA of at least 3.0/ 4.3 every semester to maintain fellowship eligibility.
- Tuition fee: The KT&G Foundation will provide tuition fee for Spring 2010 through Fall 2011 (up to 4 semesters).
- Stipend: The KT&G Foundation will provide a monthly stipend of KRW 1,000,000(= USD 892) for up to 24 months.
- Participation in a field trip, a roundtable conference prepared by the Foundation
- Participation in events and activities upon request from the school or the foundation
- Submission of a report on your life in Korea two months prior to your graduation and a copy of your Master’s thesis
- KT&G Fellowship recipients must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.3 scale in order to retain their scholarship. If they fail in this requirement at any time, their scholarship will be cancelled and they will be ineligible to receive it again in further semesters.
- If a KT&G Fellowship recipient decides to withdraw from their program of study they must pay the KT&G Foundation the full amount of the scholarship received up to the time of withdrawal.
V. Required Documents
- For all documents concerning admission, please refer to the GSIS website: http://gsis.yonsei.ac.kr.
- KT&G Fellowship at Yonsei GSIS Application Form (attached)
- A Letter of Recommendation from the Dean or an equivalent official at the student’s institution with an approved signature of the Rector/President of the Home Institution (attached)
Application Deadline: November 30, 2009
- MBA Scholarships, Graduate School of Business Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Yonsei University, Korea
- Master Scholarships in Transport and Communications, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships in Economics, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, Spain
- Postdoctoral Position in Social Science Perspectives on Climate Change in South Korea, University of Bayreuth, Germany
- Master Scholarships, BBVA Foundation, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, Spain
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships - Korea University
- Global Korea Scholarship for International Students
- Doctoral & Postdoctoral Fellowship, Korea Foundation
- Mazda Foundation Research Grants, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.